ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on naric - proof of english knowledge

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kashish
India

Question on naric - proof of english knowledge

Post by kashish » Sat May 20, 2023 7:50 pm

Hi, I have a query on the UK Naturalisation form, following is the circumstance:

1. I got Naturalised as British citizen earlier this year
2. Husband Applying for naturalisation. He received his ILR (Tier2 5 yr route) April 2023 (last month)
3. Husband provided NAARIC certificate as English proof(as original degree was completed in India) in march 2018 when he initially submitted application for Tier 2 General.
4. He is now in the process of applying for naturalisation , given I am a British citizen now.

Now for the question “Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?”, my husband has answered Yes (point 3)

For supporting documents although it says to provide Eccles Letter. We are assuming, there is no need to get a fresh letter from Eccles and providing the copy of previously issued NAARIC would be fine?

Thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Question on naric - proof of english knowledge

Post by Ticktack » Mon May 22, 2023 11:04 am

kashish wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 7:50 pm
Hi, I have a query on the UK Naturalisation form, following is the circumstance:

1. I got Naturalised as British citizen earlier this year
2. Husband Applying for naturalisation. He received his ILR (Tier2 5 yr route) April 2023 (last month)
3. Husband provided NAARIC certificate as English proof(as original degree was completed in India) in march 2018 when he initially submitted application for Tier 2 General.
4. He is now in the process of applying for naturalisation , given I am a British citizen now.

Now for the question “Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?”, my husband has answered Yes (point 3)

For supporting documents although it says to provide Eccles Letter. We are assuming, there is no need to get a fresh letter from Eccles and providing the copy of previously issued NAARIC would be fine? Yep the just used one for ILR should be fine.

Thanks
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

kashish
India

Re: Question on naric - proof of english knowledge

Post by kashish » Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:46 am

thanks a lot