ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Inquiry about Eligibility for Irish Citizenship Application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

reshmajo
Newly Registered
India

Inquiry about Eligibility for Irish Citizenship Application

Post by reshmajo » Sun May 21, 2023 12:31 pm

I have been living and working in Dublin for the past four years, and I believe I will be eligible for citizenship based on my work (stamp 1 & stamp 4) next year. Recently, my husband obtained naturalization and received his Irish passport. I would like to know if I am eligible to apply for citizenship at this time. According to the rules, it states, "The spouse or civil partner of an Irish citizen may apply for Irish citizenship through naturalization after three years of marriage/civil partnership plus three years' residence on the island of Ireland." My question is whether the three years' residence requirement is calculated from the time my husband became an Irish citizen or if it includes the time we lived here when he was a non-EU citizen. I would greatly appreciate any advice or guidance on this matter.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Inquiry about Eligibility for Irish Citizenship Application

Post by littlerr » Sun May 21, 2023 4:18 pm

You can apply now.

reshmajo
Newly Registered
India

Re: Inquiry about Eligibility for Irish Citizenship Application

Post by reshmajo » Mon May 22, 2023 10:53 am

Thank you so much littlerr.