ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

when i can apply Irish Passport?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

baba0007
Newly Registered
India

when i can apply Irish Passport?

Post by baba0007 » Mon May 22, 2023 12:39 am

Hi i have 2 questions. please give me an advice.

My wife and elder son have subsidiary protection in Ireland asylum applied on December 2017.
Subsidiary protection approved October 2019.

All my kids born in Ireland

My daughter born on September 2019, just a month before subsidiary protection approved

Based on my elder son i got family reunification status and got stamp 4 in June 2020

based on mother, my daughter got family reunification status. March 2020.

My younger son born in Ireland Sep 2022, we applied his Irish passport and we received his Irish passport.

My Question?
when my wife can apply Irish passport? it's 3 years route or 5 years. if it's 5 years, Can she apply on his Irish born Son based, if she changed her status and move on my younger son base?

Can i do the same, as i am on family reunification based on my elder son, can i move on younger son base and apply irish passport in 3 years route base?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: when i can apply Irish Passport?

Post by littlerr » Mon May 22, 2023 11:47 am

You can’t apply for Irish passports directly. You need to apply for a naturalisation certificate.

Approved asylum seekers need 3 years of residence, backtracked from the day of arrival into Ireland.

Your wife can apply right now.

You should go through the standard 5 year route from the date when you got your first stamp, or 3 years if your wife already has an Irish naturalisation certificate.

baba0007
Newly Registered
India

Post by baba0007 » Mon May 22, 2023 5:17 pm

She got the approved subsidiary protection, not asylum
Is that the same thing?
Can she apply based on subsidiary protection?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon May 22, 2023 5:20 pm

baba0007 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 5:17 pm
She got the approved subsidiary protection, not asylum
Is that the same thing?
Can she apply based on subsidiary protection?
No. She needs to wait for 5 years then.
https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/m ... to-remain/
Refugees can apply for Irish citizenship after 3 years or residence. If you have subsidiary protection status or permission to remain, you can apply after 5 years.
Also, Irish citizen child doesn't give you a way to get a quicker naturalization route. It's 5 years one way or another in your case.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

baba0007
Newly Registered
India

Post by baba0007 » Tue May 23, 2023 9:33 am

Ok its 5 years route on subsidiary protection.
Thats fine. The fiive years route start from which date?
The date which trackback arrival in the state or the date of first registration of GNIB?

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Tue May 23, 2023 9:52 am

baba0007 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 9:33 am
Ok its 5 years route on subsidiary protection.
Thats fine. The fiive years route start from which date?
The date which trackback arrival in the state or the date of first registration of GNIB?
We always count the days in normal circumstances for general case starting from first days of registration in INIS, I heard some people start from first days come to Ireland, but it is incorrect, since in residence calculator (you need to print it out with you application form) there are only list of stamps (1,2,3 etc) so that means the amount of days start from first stamp (excluding the days outside of state if period for those days is over then 42 in any of 5 years)