ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Person ID

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JohnX
Ireland

Person ID

Post by JohnX » Mon May 22, 2023 3:33 pm

Hi,

am stuck on completing evetting form, Where or what is "Person ID". Example they give is "Person ID number in the format 123456-99 or 1234567-99" but I can find no such number. Have tried all numbers on IRP card even PSC number but none accepted, also tried N/A , but also declined.

Any help greatly appreciated

Yksl
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Person ID

Post by Yksl » Mon May 22, 2023 3:50 pm

It should be on the acknowledgement letter with the application number.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon May 22, 2023 3:55 pm

JohnX wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 3:33 pm
Where or what is "Person ID".
Have you ever communicated with ISD by post?
If yes, have a look at letter from ISD (as mentioned above, it can possibly be found on acknowledgement letter), but you also may not have one; I didn't have one unless I reached out to ISD.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

JohnX
Ireland

Post by JohnX » Mon May 22, 2023 4:28 pm

Yksl wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 3:50 pm
It should be on the acknowledgement letter with the application number.
Never received that letter

JohnX
Ireland

Post by JohnX » Mon May 22, 2023 4:31 pm

meself2 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 3:55 pm
JohnX wrote:
If yes, have a look at letter from ISD (as mentioned above, it can possibly be found on acknowledgement letter), but you also may not have one; I didn't have one unless I reached out to ISD.
No never. Got IRP from Garda barracks.

What would be the best Gov email address to use to get answers/help ???

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon May 22, 2023 4:34 pm

JohnX wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 4:31 pm
meself2 wrote:
JohnX wrote:

So you didn't get an acknowledgement letter for citizenship application? How do you know your citizenship application ID then?

Usually citizenship application ID and person ID can be found on one letter. Like this, top right corner:

citizenshipinfo@justice.ie would be the best shot, or citizenshipvetting@justice.ie (they might be faster at responding but might not be able to help).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

JohnX
Ireland

Post by JohnX » Mon May 22, 2023 8:34 pm

meself2 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 4:34 pm
JohnX wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 4:31 pm
meself2 wrote:
JohnX wrote:

So you didn't get an acknowledgement letter for citizenship application? How do you know your citizenship application ID then?

Usually citizenship application ID and person ID can be found on one letter. Like this, top right corner:

citizenshipinfo@justice.ie would be the best shot, or citizenshipvetting@justice.ie (they might be faster at responding but might not be able to help).
Hi

Nope never received the acknowledgement letter. I sent an email to INISOireachtasMail@justice.ie re. lack of an acknowledgement letter and in their reply they stated that Immigration had sent the letter and they gave me the reference number. Shame they did not also include the Person ID number.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue May 23, 2023 1:22 am

If you don’t have it, just leave it blank or put n/a in it. It’s not a mandatory field and people who have never needed to interact with INIS by post will not have one.

JohnX
Ireland

Post by JohnX » Tue May 23, 2023 7:32 am

littlerr wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 1:22 am
If you don’t have it, just leave it blank or put n/a in it. It’s not a mandatory field and people who have never needed to interact with INIS by post will not have one.
Hi,

That does not work. It is a mandatory field and it must be in the format 123456-99, otherwise form is not accepted and a nice crimson border appears around that field.

Perhaps in future the acknowledgement letter should be sent by recorded delivery and as back-up the evetting letter should include both reference numbers required to complete the online form.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue May 23, 2023 10:05 am

JohnX wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 7:32 am
littlerr wrote:
Hi,

That does not work. It is a mandatory field and it must be in the format 123456-99, otherwise form is not accepted and a nice crimson border appears around that field.

Perhaps in future the acknowledgement letter should be sent by recorded delivery and as back-up the evetting letter should include both reference numbers required to complete the online form.
They only send certificates as recorded delivery, unfortunately; even approval and ceremony invite is untracked (so technically you could be invited to ceremony but never know about it).

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue May 23, 2023 10:09 am

littlerr wrote:
Seems like they're going to give it to anyone through first acknowledgement letter nowadays.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue May 23, 2023 10:16 am

For the OP, try to get onto the same person who gave you acknowledgement number; fire an email to the vetting department as well with your citizenship number and explaining the issue, hopefully they can help.

Technically, there's a chance your local station could help, but I have no idea if they will and if they actually could. Ring them and ask maybe?

JohnX
Ireland

Post by JohnX » Tue May 23, 2023 10:45 am

meself2 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 10:16 am
For the OP, try to get onto the same person who gave you acknowledgement number; fire an email to the vetting department as well with your citizenship number and explaining the issue, hopefully they can help.

Technically, there's a chance your local station could help, but I have no idea if they will and if they actually could. Ring them and ask maybe?
Hi
Thanks, have emailed and called. Now back to waiting

JohnX
Ireland

Post by JohnX » Tue May 23, 2023 12:30 pm

Hi

Emailed citizenshipvetting@justice.ie, received prompt reply with number. Form submitted

JOhn.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue May 23, 2023 3:58 pm

Apologies I didn’t read the entire thread in detail. Thought you were doing IRP renewal or filling in the initial naturalisation application, which you don’t need a Person ID.
Yes for Garda vetting you need a Person ID. Glad they were able to respond promptly.