ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa for Wife from India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dkmca80

Spouse Visa for Wife from India

Post by dkmca80 » Tue May 16, 2023 11:49 am

Hi All,
Need some info .
I am British citizen at present , First Got ILR and then citizenship in 2017. Now I got married in india in Dec'22 and wants my wife to bring to the UK. She has cleared the Level A2 exam India. Its written on UKBA website that A2 exam certificate can be used after 2 yrs 9 months first visa extn however the test certificate has 2 yrs expiry date. Also need to know anyone's experience and how much is the fees and how it can be paid from UK or India? netbanking or only debit/credit card?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa for Wife from India

Post by AmazonianX » Tue May 16, 2023 12:29 pm

dkmca80 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 11:49 am
Hi All,
Need some info .
I am British citizen at present , First Got ILR and then citizenship in 2017. Now I got married in india in Dec'22 and wants my wife to bring to the UK. She has cleared the Level A2 exam India. Its written on UKBA website that A2 exam certificate can be used after 2 yrs 9 months first visa extn however the test certificate has 2 yrs expiry date. Correct, the same A2 can be used for her first visa extension even after expiring 2yrs from getting it so far it is used in obtaining her initial spouse visa and still on list of acceptable test by HO. Also need to know anyone's experience and how much is the fees and how it can be paid from UK or India? netbanking or only debit/credit card? Debit credit card payment.
For cost, read below

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

Read the timeline thread to get others experience.

dkmca80

Post by dkmca80 » Wed May 17, 2023 9:50 am

Thanks,
Any idea about the time? like how much time it would take?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 17, 2023 10:13 am

You were already advised to have a look at the timeline thread!!!

It can take anywhere between a couple of weeks and 6 or 7 months. It varies
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dkmca80

Post by dkmca80 » Mon May 22, 2023 11:45 pm

Guys,
How do we need to submit the docs? if we download the bank statement from here and print is it ok?
do we need to certify them or all docs photocopies are from Husband and wife side? they can get the copies to the VFS and they can scan there?
Please guide.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue May 23, 2023 2:18 am

dkmca80 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 11:45 pm
Guys,
How do we need to submit the docs? if we download the bank statement from here and print is it OK? Yes, downloaded statements resembling what you will normally get through post are acceptable do we need to certify them No or all docs photocopies are from Husband and wife side? they can get the copies to the VFS and they can scan there?
Please guide.

dkmca80

Post by dkmca80 » Tue May 23, 2023 9:17 am

Thanks,
one last thing-
Proof of relationship (marriage certificate/birth certificate/proof of contact/travel history, proof of communication or contact)
I have marriage certificate, do we need to give proof of communication or contact? if yes what and how can we give this?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue May 23, 2023 12:41 pm

dkmca80 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 9:17 am
Thanks,
one last thing-
Proof of relationship (marriage certificate/birth certificate/proof of contact/travel history, proof of communication or contact)
I have marriage certificate, do we need to give proof of communication or contact? if yes what and how can we give this?
Through printouts or screenshots of your communication I. E. Email printouts or WhatsApp screenshots taken over the period of the relationship. Couple of shots per week or month till present time suffices, no need to overload with all your conversation.

dkmca80

Post by dkmca80 » Tue May 23, 2023 5:08 pm

Thanks, I don't think nowdays due to whatsapp anyone send emails or call over the phone to India.

I am in relationship since Dec 21. If I start taking screenshot they will be huge or chat History.
Whats the best way to keep it concise and crisp. I only have whatsapp.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Wed May 24, 2023 10:29 am

dkmca80 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:08 pm
Thanks, I don't think nowdays due to whatsapp anyone send emails or call over the phone to India.

I am in relationship since Dec 21. If I start taking screenshot they will be huge or chat History.
Whats the best way to keep it concise and crisp. I only have whatsapp.
I think the HO would be worried if you data wasn't much. In my opinion huge/much/plenty is a good sign of a steady and genuine relationship. Back it up with flight tickets, photos and passport entry stamps.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

dkmca80

Post by dkmca80 » Wed May 24, 2023 11:04 am

Thanks , Yes I attached my passport immigration stamps for my visits to India.
but didnt have whatsapp call history and chats much as my I reset it in between so dont have much of data. I have attached some of 2022 and latest from April May 2023. Dont have records to show from 2021 to Mid 2022. Hope that should be ok. I have attached passport pages with immigration stamps from India. Hope that all needed to show my travel and should suffice. I dont have boarding passes etc now.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu May 25, 2023 6:15 am

dkmca80 wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 11:04 am
Thanks , Yes I attached my passport immigration stamps for my visits to India.
but didnt have whatsapp call history and chats much as my I reset it in between so dont have much of data. I have attached some of 2022 and latest from April May 2023. Dont have records to show from 2021 to Mid 2022. Hope that should be ok. I have attached passport pages with immigration stamps from India. Hope that all needed to show my travel and should suffice. I dont have boarding passes etc now.
Provide what you have. Receipts of gift items, evidence of remitting money to each other, photos together when you visit etc can be used.

dkmca80

Post by dkmca80 » Tue May 30, 2023 2:29 pm

Any idea , about the NHS fees. I paid around 2 lcs today for NHS and 1.65 Lcs INR for Spouse Visa today.
Do we need give NHS payment ref anywhere or Home office would already know about this ?
Also they have given option to collect the biometric card here in the UK post office? then would they stick the Visa sticker on the passport only from India and then need to collect the biometric from UK post office?
Last edited by dkmca80 on Tue May 30, 2023 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 30, 2023 2:31 pm

You need to quote what you pay in ££. We don't know how much 2lcs is!!

Ihs is £624 per year and you you pay upfront for the first visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dkmca80

Post by dkmca80 » Wed May 31, 2023 9:51 am

sorry 2 Lakhs INR means around 1941 GBP. Also I have just noticed that in my application my mistake under employer details I put wrong email id of employer i just put xxxxx though I have attached employer letter , payslips, bank statements, P60s all. but this place I put wrong. would that be an issue?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed May 31, 2023 5:32 pm

dkmca80 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:51 am
sorry 2 Lakhs INR means around 1941 GBP. Also I have just noticed that in my application my mistake under employer details I put wrong email id of employer i just put ss@gmail.com though I have attached employer letter , payslips, bank statements, P60s all. but this place I put wrong. would that be an issue?
If it is required to contact your employer then no way and becomes an issue. Write a cover letter and address this in it.

dkmca80

Post by dkmca80 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:43 pm

Thanks. My employer letter attached where all phone numbers are mentioned and company details. also on the cover letter I mentioned that company name , phone and email id. do I mention that separately as well. I am thinking to leave this as as human error. or at VSF delhi if we tell them can they do something?

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:56 pm

Just put the missing details on a document and upload it or get it upload with your supporting documents. Don't complicate it; it's not an unusual situation.

Leave the VFS staff out of it, they are a third party.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:30 pm

dkmca80 wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:43 pm
Thanks. My employer letter attached where all phone numbers are mentioned and company details. also on the cover letter I mentioned that company name , phone and email id. do I mention that separately as well. I am thinking to leave this as as human error. or at VSF delhi if we tell them can they do something?
Don't let that human error that can still be corrected by the human who made it cost you big price; write a cove note or letter to correct it and upload.

dkmca80

Post by dkmca80 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:22 am

Thanks will do that.

now days VFS dont need originals right? we just need to carry photocopies which they will scan and upload. I took VFS scanner service. so I and my wife all copies.

Donald23
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Donald23 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:06 pm

I am on the same board. If I scan and submit all documents online myself, Do we have to take all submitted documents when we are giving biometrics to verify or recheck?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:11 pm

Donald23 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:06 pm
I am on the same board. If I scan and submit all documents online myself, Do we have to take all submitted documents when we are giving biometrics to verify or recheck?
Please start your own topic to ask your questions, it is considered rude and unfair to other users to tag your questions onto their topics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dkmca80

Post by dkmca80 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:32 pm

Hi
May I know , after getting the Visa approved from India for wife, how many days are there for travel and to collect BRP here in the UK. I heard they put some sticker on the passport to travel.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:38 pm

The initial visa vignette is valid for 90 days to facilitate travelling to the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:04 pm

dkmca80 wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:32 pm
Hi
May I know , after getting the Visa approved from India for wife, how many days are there for travel and to collect BRP here in the UK. I heard they put some sticker on the passport to travel.
BRP collection 10days post arrival. As per feedback taking longer than that in most cases.