ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice needed over EEC1 application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SunBlue

Advice needed over EEC1 application

Post by SunBlue » Sat May 28, 2005 8:03 pm

Hi guys,
first of all, thank you for all the support from this forum. It´s really brilliant. Now I would like to have some advice! :-)
The thing is, once the officer from Home Office told me that I could write a letter to expedite the process faster, but I was not sure if it would work.
I would like to know if it would work. They tell that for medical reasons I could write. I don´t have anyone sick in the family, but I have a reason.

The thing is: To register with the General Dental Council (I am a dentist) they require people to have vaccination again Hepatitis B.
When I was living in Germany, I took 2 dosis of a total of 3. I took on 26.10.04 and 26.11.04. And I should take a new dosis now - around the 26.05 (which is 6 months after the second dosis).
If I don´t take this, then i will lose immunization, and then I won´t be able to register with the General Dental Council for the next year (it would take 8 months to take the 3 dosis, plus 6 months until it gets appeared in the blood exam that I have the immunization, which is necessary for registeriong with the GDC).

Then I went to a few doctors here last week. I really did!! And they told they don´t work privately, only for NHS. But I cannot register with NHS because I don´t have my passport, and even if I had my passport, they would see only a tourist visa, so I would not be allowed anyway to register with NHS.
So that´s why I would like to ask to expedite faster my application, to be able to get the vaccination. I can provide the vaccinations certificate from the german doctors.
If it´s the case, I could print the page of the General Dental Council.

Do you guys think that it would work? Do you think they could consider it? Or would it cause any harm to the application?

I was thinking that the maximum that what could happen is that they would not accept it and take the normal time to process my application, which I would have to wait anyway. But I wonder if it can cause any harm to my application?

Thank you again,

Glauco
PS: I just opened a new topic about EEC1 application because the other topic we are using somehow to track our applications. Everyone is writing the time scale and I didn´t want to interfere with that asking this particular advice there.

marr1a
Newly Registered

Post by marr1a » Sun May 29, 2005 11:00 am

Hi Glauco,

If I read your concern correctly, you need the 3rd shot for Hepititus B, is that correct?

You don't need to go to a NHS doc for that. Try calling a British Airways Travel clinic, for instance, who maybe able to help you (for a fee of course).

I don't know where you are located but they have 2 locations in London:
http://www.britishairways.com/travel/he ... blic/en_us

There may be other private Travel clinics that you can call also.

good luck,
marr1a

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Tue May 31, 2005 4:30 pm

Hi Marr1a,

thank you very much for your support. I live in Glasgow, but from your help I could search on google for other "travel clinics" and I found 2 in Glasgow.
I am going there tomorrow.
Thank you very much for your help!!

Glauco