ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP ME!!! -> Fake recruitment agency

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

regpass2k
Newly Registered

Post by regpass2k » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:45 pm

Hi,
I am a HSMP holder and still in my homeland. I got an offer from a Consulting company (IT) in UK. The offer says that, I have to join with them and they will body shop me to their clients (once I clear the client’s interview). I will be under the payroll of the consultant. They said that with my resume, I can get a job within 4 weeks, the max. They are offering me 70:30 of the billing amount. 70% will be for me and 30% for the consultant. Also they are ready to pay a merge amount during the bench period for survival.

To get this offer, I have been interviewed thrice (technical and HR). I know it’s a very small consulting company, having less than 20 people. Now I am having the following questions to be answered.

How do I know the company’s genuineness? (There are some blogs, which says, the company is violating BIA rules and also they are not paying proper tax to the UK govt.)

Is there any site hosted by the BIA or by the govt. of UK to check the genuineness of the companies?

Is there any link to know the block listed companies in UK?

If I join this company, will it affect my further stay in UK or during the further leave to remain? (FLR) (The same blog says, a person have been refused to get the Tier1, when he tries to switch from work permit to Tier1, since the company has not provided him the proper pay slips i.e. mismatch in the pay slip and the bank credit amount)

What should I do in this situation?

Please answer my queries…

regpass

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:15 am

Check website www.companieshouse.gov.uk to ensure whether or notthe company is lgeally registered in the UK.

regpass2k
Newly Registered

Post by regpass2k » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:28 pm

dnicky wrote:Check website www.companieshouse.gov.uk to ensure whether or notthe company is lgeally registered in the UK.
Thanks a lot for the info...
Guys, please give more inputs...

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:40 am

This type of set up is mostly illegal and has no long term future.
The company has to be a PBS licenced company to offer you work and this company is not registered.

Are you coming to the UK on a tier1 visa? if so things are not so bad as you can contract to the firm and pay your own tax etc.

Any agent that states you will get a job in the UK in 4 weeks is having a laugh. The IT sector is taking a battering and the number of people being laid off / made redundent is massive.

If you have a job at home and it is secure, stay there are wait a while to see if UK market picks up.