ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Form Fields queries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gautamdheeraj
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Form Fields queries

Post by gautamdheeraj » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:36 pm

Hello,

I have some queries about forms. Some of them might silly queries.

FORM APPENDIX 1: TIER 1 (GENERAL) MIGRANT
Section 3.1
Duration of Study -> 4 years or with dates?
Grade (if applicable) - My degree certificate doesn't shows any grades. It simply states "passed with first division". Though my calculated pass percentage was 70%. What should I write here? I believe I cann't leave this blank otherwise "Self Assessment Tool" doesn't let me proceed.

Section 4.7 -> I am claimining for continous period but from two employers. I believe I should write single period only.

Section 4.8 -> Source of earnings. Emplyer's Name and Dates doesn't comletely fits with in the provided box. what should I do?

Sec. 4.11 Full contact details for verification of documents. What details should I include here?
For Employer contact details - HR Manager Name, Phone, Extension, Mobile no. . Should I provide address of the company also?
For Bank Statement - Branch Address. What else ?
Also all above Contact details doesn't fit into the box. Should mention them in covering letter?

Sec 6.5 Duaration of study. I don't remember exact start date. Also none of my documents mention this. Do I need to mention exact dates here?

FORM VAF9
Sec 2.3 Other names. Earliar I used to be known by my first name only. Should I add that here or leave this blank?

Sec 4.1 Residential Address - Should this be same as in my passport or my current address would suffice?

Sec 5.1 My dependents will apply later. What should I put here? YES/NO. If yes, I cann't say anything about their date of travel? Also I am not maintaining any funds for them. I believe I need to mention NO, as per VAF9A, sec 7.1. What other members suggests?

Sec 5.8/5.13 My passport doesn't include my parent's family name. What should I write here? Are these fields mandatory? If I write the name they usually use, do I need to produce any evidence?

- Dheeraj

gautamdheeraj
Newly Registered

Post by gautamdheeraj » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:11 pm

Any information about proof of accommodation?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:15 pm

gautamdheeraj wrote:Any information about proof of accommodation?
Make an effort to search the forum. You'll find exactly what you're looking for, wrt to evidence of accommodation.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

gautamdheeraj
Newly Registered

Post by gautamdheeraj » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:50 am

Actually I was looking for some update about proof of accommodation since new rules are coming.

Any responses to my first query ??

- Dheeraj

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:46 pm

gautamdheeraj wrote:Actually I was looking for some update about proof of accommodation since new rules are coming.
My friend, how can someone provide you guidance on something that is still unknown? So, let people know the new rules when they "come" in future and I am sure people will be able to offer suggestions.

Information based on "current" rules is available already.

:lol:
regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

smav
Newly Registered

Post by smav » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:08 pm

hi all,

Regarding 3.1 Grade (If applicable)--> I think i can leave it blank ( my university provides only percentage) as it is written if applicable

But with 6.5 grade--> what should i put (since ,my university has only percentage), Is that i can put %? (here it is not written if applicable)

thank you,

smav

smav
Newly Registered

Post by smav » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:09 pm

hi all,

Regarding 3.1 Grade (If applicable)--> I think i can leave it blank ( my university provides only percentage) as it is written if applicable

But with 6.5 grade--> what should i put (since ,my university has only percentage), Is that i can put %? (here it is not written if applicable)

thank you,

smav

NYCStacey

Post by NYCStacey » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:19 pm

what about an answer for the form fields where the answers do not fit in the spaces provided on the form.... that is pretty annoying and confusing...

vijaymaghnani

Post by vijaymaghnani » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:17 am

Sec 5.1 My dependents will apply later. What should I put here? YES/NO. If yes, I cann't say anything about their date of travel? Also I am not maintaining any funds for them. I believe I need to mention NO, as per VAF9A, sec 7.1. What other members suggests?
Same with me, My Wife will join me atleast after 1.5 years once she complete her graduation, I am thinking to Write YES and part 7 i will be writing the she will join me atlease after 1.5 years....

Mnetioning NO will mean THAT THEY WILL NEVER JOIN you/.. Seniors plz suggest...

Vijay Kumar

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jedi001 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:52 am

vijaymaghnani wrote:

Same with me, My Wife will join me atleast after 1.5 years once she complete her graduation, I am thinking to Write YES and part 7 i will be writing the she will join me atlease after 1.5 years....

Mnetioning NO will mean THAT THEY WILL NEVER JOIN you/.. Seniors plz suggest...

Vijay Kumar
I believe you are correct as I have also enquired this from VFS office and they said we should write YES and under Part 7 we should write the expected date of arrival for them.

My doubt is if my wife and kid are joining me within 1 year then do I have to show MF for them as well as per guidelines?Secondly I wrote a mail to UK Home office and got a reply from them:

From: PublicVisaEnqs@fco.gov.uk [mailto:PublicVisaEnqs@fco.gov.uk]
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 8:56 PM
To: XXXXX X XXXXX
Subject: RE: UK Tier 1 - Dependants query

If you are not coming with them but they are to join you in 5 months time their cost will apply now, for them to have their visas. If it is more than 6 months to 1yr then it is reasonable to process just yours for now.

Sent by:
Public Enquiries [C], VCS/UKBA, London SW1A 2AH
Web-site: www.ukba.gov.uk

Can I just go with this email and say that my wife n kid will be joining me after 6 months, which is true. Attach this email as a proof of guidance provided by UKBA.

Please advice?

Regards
Jedi001