ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa for Mother In-Law - Advise Needed

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sravanmv
Newly Registered

Visitor Visa for Mother In-Law - Advise Needed

Post by sravanmv » Mon May 29, 2023 6:07 pm

Hello,

We are planning to apply UK Visitor visa for my mother-in-law. We are concerned about whether her visa will get rejected based on her situation. So need to advise based on the past experiences of the forum.

My Mother-in-law is a widower and unemployed and stays in her own house. She doesn't have any source of income as she is maintained by her daughters who do not reside with her. We are planning to put INR 4lakhs (approximately £4k) as a fixed deposit in her name as savings and apply for her visa after 6 months. We will be sponsoring her tickets and duration of stay (6 months). My wife and I are employed in the UK and on Global Talent Visa. Does my Mother in law have a realistic chance of getting a UK Visitor Visa? Kindly advise how to improve her chances of visa approval.

Regards
Sravan

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Visitor Visa for Mother In-Law - Advise Needed

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon May 29, 2023 8:25 pm

Based on the scenario you have outlined there will be two questions the caseworker will certainly have in mind?

1 How can someone with no income save £4k, which immediately leads to where did it come from and why was it deposited.

2. If her sole income comes from her children and one of those is overseas and invites her mother, that will ring alarm bells about her returning. What are the ties to her home country? Where are her other children living?