ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doesn't Cifas Marker effect citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tiktok
Morocco

Doesn't Cifas Marker effect citizenship

Post by Tiktok » Mon May 01, 2023 7:53 pm

Hi there hope your well ? , I have cifas marker against my name and I will be applying for citizenship in January next year 2024,

The marker was registered against my name in October 2020, so will be more then 3 years when I apply for citizenship,

The reason for the marker was registered is I received I got tricked I received 2k on my account and I been told to send it to other account, and then my account got closed, and marker was registered, I have all the evidence and conversations but halifax bank refused to take it off.

What's the advice please

abbott25
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Re: Doesn't Cifas Marker effect citizenship

Post by abbott25 » Sat May 20, 2023 12:28 pm

my advice is see a solicitor mate, as this is serious, you knew what you were doing exactly don't say you were tricked, how a grown man can be tricked like that? so have I said that, if you send that application even next year you will get refused

Tiktok
Morocco

Post by Tiktok » Mon May 22, 2023 10:34 pm

First of all thanks for your reply, secondly I was tricked I'm not making it up , I have seen solicitor and have advised me it won't effect I as don't have any criminal record and I never had any problem apart from this . And he mentioned we need to declare it on the application, I have all the evidence that I was victim.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue May 23, 2023 11:38 am

Tiktok wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 10:34 pm
First of all thanks for your reply, secondly I was tricked I'm not making it up , I have seen solicitor and have advised me it won't effect I as don't have any criminal record and I never had any problem apart from this . And he mentioned we need to declare it on the application, I have all the evidence that I was victim.
If so follow the professional advice you got and may provide said evidence to back your innocence.

abbott25
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Post by abbott25 » Sun May 28, 2023 9:45 am

my friend how can some one ask to deposit large some of money in your personal bank account without you asking questions? why you never ask them the reasons why they never use their own bank account? ignorance its not excuse my friend, most important find a good solicitor to explain to you clearly how long the ban going to be, because they will check your credit file and they will see, so don't send your application yet until that has been resolved, and remember solicitors are their to advice you in this case, they cant help you much when it comes to citizenship because citizenship its not a right its only discretion

Tiktok
Morocco

Post by Tiktok » Mon May 29, 2023 8:37 pm

You actually right, I had no benefits from this , now I'm struggling badly with it .

There's Website called name removed by moderator they offering cifas removal services, I'm just wondering if anyone used them before, they quoted me for 2000k .

Are they legit 🤔

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue May 30, 2023 12:10 pm

Tiktok wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 8:37 pm
You actually right, I had no benefits from this , now I'm struggling badly with it .

There's Website called name removed by moderator they offering cifas removal services, I'm just wondering if anyone used them before, they quoted me for 2000k .

Are they legit 🤔
The purpose of the forum and members does not look kindly towards references to other services, you will have to make your own findings independently.

abbott25
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Post by abbott25 » Wed May 31, 2023 9:34 am

do some research my friend and I really wish you success on British citizenship, check with citizen advice on this because at this point in time solicitors will take your money because they can due to the luck of knowledge, let me give you example, I had CCJ aka country court judgment on my credit file, so basically to make that looks nice to the home office I had to pay the amount to the company which took me to the court, so that on the system it can show certified but it will still be on my record for the next 4 years before it can be removed, the only people with power to remove that is the county court business department, not any one or a company so be careful with companies pretend to offer the service to remove cifas on your credit file, they are liars they cant, or alternative speak to bank any bank they have knowledge of this, since are are the one who reported you their.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:03 pm

I think you were lucky not to be prosecuted for money laundering. I assume you were not arrested or charged for an offence. Have you a copy of the marker, what does it say? The Home Office can view credit reports so it may be important what it says.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Tiktok
Morocco

Post by Tiktok » Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:23 pm

Hi thanks lot guys for reply,
No I have not been arrested or charged, and also I never been in trouble before,
That's what the marker says

..Misuse of facility – opening an account,
insurance policy, or other facility for a fraudulent
purpose or the fraudulent misuse of an account,
policy, or facility; or the fraudulent misuse of
insurance policy documentation..

I just hired solicitor I paid 2400, hoping to clear that for me , we Communicating with bank regarding the marker.

abbott25
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Post by abbott25 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:40 am

You made a big mistake that cifas will stay in your file for 6 years bro before removal, you decide to pay a lawyer to remove it for you? Well best of luck

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:28 pm

You paid £2400 for a solicitor, you could have complained yourself.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hina_pirzada » Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:21 pm

I would like to clarify Abott25 and Amber comments regarding the CIFAS issue...

1. CIFAS is an private organization just a LTD company ... NOT the Government Body
2. It is funded by the Banks.
3. There will be no police case on these kind of issues until or unless there is something big happened and lead to National Security threat due to financial transactions.
4. Unfortunately, banks are all centralized and link to each another, so if someone name appears on CIFAS data base so the other banks decline to open an account.
5. There is bank internal department who investigate the matter and decide to refer the person name to CIFAS, however their decision can be challenged. So, the solicitor firms who are expert they can communicate with the bank on behalf of affected person.
6. 90% banks have no concrete evidence of the involvement of the person. Only, the amount transferred into the account by other person itself not justified the person involved him/herself in fraud. That's the reason, they never ever involve Police and court.
7. There decision can be easily challenge in court but its time consuming and expenses. That's the bank are aware that the people will approach the courts.
8. Solicitor firms threat the bank to take them to the court and they demand all evidences against their client from the bank to prove such kind of allegation.
9. There is process, once you knew that your name was referred to CIFAS, the first step you need to contact bank customer services department in writing and explained your position. Then bank will take some time to answer you and most of the cases at this stage banks agree to take your name out of the CIFAS. If not so bank will give you final letter and advise you to contact financial ombudsman within the 6 months. Ombudsman is independent and they will review your case fairly. If the found any mistake in bank decision so the have authority to direct bank to remove your name from CIFAS.
10. Tiktok, leave this matter to your solicitor and relax. You will not be charged or prosecuted. Banks knew their loopholes and they cant be stand in court room.
11. Cifas markers (3rd party fraud for 6 years) normally not appeared on your credit file......

Please let us know the outcome. I wish your solicitor will drag them to the court....

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hina_pirzada » Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:33 pm

And also I don't know how someone Nationality application assess on the basis which the decision made by private organization.... never the person been prosecuted or given chance to prove his/her innocence.

In my thinking could be I am wrong, but the common sense is anything which came from Public Bodies will be taken in account, CCJA, Arrest, Sex Offender, Declare Bank Corrupt, Immigration Breach etc....

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:52 pm

hina_pirzada wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:33 pm
And also I don't know how someone Nationality application assess on the basis which the decision made by private organization.... never the person been prosecuted or given chance to prove his/her innocence.

In my thinking could be I am wrong, but the common sense is anything which came from Public Bodies will be taken in account, CCJA, Arrest, Sex Offender, Declare Bank Corrupt, Immigration Breach etc....

The CIFAS actually has a statutory footing for the Home Office, under THE IMMIGRATION ACT 2014 (SPECIFIED ANTI-FRAUD ORGANISATION) ORDER 2014, it is specified that the Home Office must use CIFAS when undertaking checks, whether that be for the purpose of opening a bank account and not being “illegal” or other checks as the Home Office sees fit. Citizenship is not a right but a privilege and at the discretion of the Secretary of State, decisions are made on the balance of probabilities rather than the higher criminal threshold of beyond reasonable doubt. The Home Office can consider other evidence if that indicates a character issue. To imply that the CIFAS is a non entity is certainly not the case for the Home Office considering the legislative requirements under the 2014 Act.