ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mother's ILR For Child's BC Application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

resider
Newly Registered

Mother's ILR For Child's BC Application

Post by resider » Fri May 27, 2005 10:29 pm

Can I use my own passport with ILR for applying for my children's british registration? The father can also send his but the problem is that he is on duty travel most of the time and so we decided to use mine.

Is that OK? Reading SECTION A of the rules, it says that any parent with ILR can send passport and both are not required.

If only one passport is sent, anything in particular that has to be declared in the application form?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat May 28, 2005 9:56 am

So what are we talking about here? You and your husband both now have ILR? And you have had a child in the UK but before either of you got your ILR?

If so, yes either parent's proof of having ILR can be used, so no problem you using your passport for that purpose. It is not a question of needing to prove that both parents now have ILR.
Last edited by John on Sat May 28, 2005 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John

basis

Post by basis » Sat May 28, 2005 6:41 pm

One is enough and mother's passport is more than enough. If it is father's passport you need to send marraige certificate to show father is married to the mother of child.

resider
Newly Registered

Post by resider » Sat May 28, 2005 8:19 pm

Yes Jo thats what I meant. We had children while on work permit and now we have ILR.

I am thinking about using the nationality checking service but it seems quite unnecessary since children's application under SECTION A is very straight forward. But some of my friends have used it and insist that it will save me trouble if something is actually incorrect etc...

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat May 28, 2005 8:47 pm

Resider, you do not disclose your location, which is your right, but if you happen to live in one of the Nationality Checking Service areas, or not far away, well it might be an idea to use that service. After all, as you say, using that service does ensure that it does not get passed to IND unless the application form is properly completed, and all the needed documentation has been seen.

Of course another possibility is waiting until you and your wife qualify to apply for naturalisation, and then simply include your child on the application form. However that would of course delay your child getting their British Citizenship.
John

resider
Newly Registered

Post by resider » Sat May 28, 2005 9:19 pm

Jo,

We have got an official reply from IND:
When submitting your child's application please provide the original birth certificate. Providing we are satisfied that the error was an oversight, we will issue the registration certificate showing the correct date of birth.
So I think its safe. I will just apply and attach a small note saying whats happened. I am sure they will find the 1 and 4 with rubber stamp error amusing but looking at it, it all makes sense!

resider
Newly Registered

Post by resider » Sat May 28, 2005 9:20 pm

we are from Pakistan.