ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Spouse before Holder (landing in the UK)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sher

Dependent Spouse before Holder (landing in the UK)

Post by Sher » Sat May 28, 2005 10:17 pm

Can a dependent spouse land in the UK before the HSMP holder?
nJOY !
may u grow by leaps and pounds !

:roll:

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Sun May 29, 2005 8:50 am

No. they can come together or after the main applicant. of course i am sure there are cases were they have come before and gone thruough but you will be running a risk by trying that

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Tue May 31, 2005 3:05 pm

What if they take different flights? Would it be a problem?
Is there anything in the dependent passport that identifies him as a dependent?

if the dependent comes before the main visa holder, how would they know that they visa holder is not yet in the country? Does the dependent have to provide documents showing that the main visa holder is indeed already in the country to enter the uk?

Thanks
L.

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Tue May 31, 2005 4:52 pm

The dependent's visa clearly says "visa to join spouse or parent". My wife joined me after I was in the UK. At the airport the visa officer clearly asked her whether I was already in the UK or not, and took down my address in their computer. Of course the experience would vary from person to person.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue May 31, 2005 7:28 pm

lbfrancois wrote:What if they take different flights? Would it be a problem?
Is there anything in the dependent passport that identifies him as a dependent?

if the dependent comes before the main visa holder, how would they know that they visa holder is not yet in the country? Does the dependent have to provide documents showing that the main visa holder is indeed already in the country to enter the uk?

Thanks
L.
I think after the going thru the very long processes of HSMP application and EC application, it is rather an unnecessary risk to take. if one were to attempt to come in b4 and in the process lie to the immigration officer (e.g by claiming the spouse is already there when they are not), should that officer find out that you are lie, you can almost be assured you will be on the first plane back home and you will from there on have a bad immigration record which will mean problems with any future applications to move to the UK. so IMHO the dependents should just wait until the main applicant flies out and so they can go together or after,

Boom05

Post by Boom05 » Tue May 31, 2005 8:23 pm

Its easy to follow the crowd, it takes courage to stand alone !