ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalised citizen passport application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

griffith2
Ireland

Naturalised citizen passport application

Post by griffith2 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:34 pm

Hi Guys,

Apologies if this has been asked before and i request the moderators to post a link to the thread if there is any answer to this (I can't find anywhere)

My ceremony is due next month and hopefully i will be getting a certificate of naturalisation soon.
My question is other than listed what are the documents required to apply for a passport? (I have seen the list on DFA the one which says I was not born on the island of Ireland. I am a naturalised Irish citizen. (Ireland))

As i heard documents requesting FBR records? this is not listed in the required documentation (DFA).

As a foreign national what additional documents may be requested by the passport office?
If someone can please answer from their experience so i can start documenting the papers from now as this may require notarised cetificates, attestation etc. etc. and i am not looking to delay submitting and posting my passport application.

Thankyou

meself2
Ireland

Re: Naturalised citizen passport application

Post by meself2 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:16 pm

You'll have time - you won't get certificate at the ceremony, they'll post them way later nowadays.
griffith2 wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:34 pm
As i heard documents requesting FBR records? this is not listed in the required documentation (DFA).
What do you mean? If you got citizenship via FBR, you go through FBR route, but I understand that you're naturalized?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.