ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

E vetting and citizenship application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ola2022
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: E vetting and citizenship application

Post by Ola2022 » Thu May 25, 2023 3:23 pm

Guys, if you’re due for evetting but never got any email, try checking your junk or spam folder…I was lucky to find mine in the junk mail only after 2 days of receiving same. Hopes this helps

dison22
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by dison22 » Thu May 25, 2023 10:29 pm

I applied for Naturalisation in October 2022, got acknowledgement letter 2 weeks after, and 22nd May 2023 I got an an email for E Vetting in spam

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Thu May 25, 2023 11:20 pm

yes
got in spam too
luckily 7 day behind
luckily found it

Bluebird71
Ireland

Post by Bluebird71 » Wed May 31, 2023 3:23 pm

Hi All

Just want to understand for those who received the evetting email invitation and completed it last week whether anyone has received the next steps from gardai for the actual evetting.

Series of events as follows:

22 May - Invitation received
22 May - Invitation completed
23 May - Invitation received confirmation

has anyone progressed further ?

johndonut
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by johndonut » Wed May 31, 2023 4:15 pm

Bluebird71 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 3:23 pm
Hi All

Just want to understand for those who received the evetting email invitation and completed it last week whether anyone has received the next steps from gardai for the actual evetting.

Also no progress. My spouse recieved invitation the same day and recieved confirmation on the 23rd.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Wed May 31, 2023 4:54 pm

Bluebird71 wrote:
Hi All

Both my partner and I received (and submitted) the invitation on the same day as you and have not received anything further, except the invite acknowledgment email with the EVET number a day later on 23 May.

Two things I've noticed: 1) others people's timelines seem to receive the Garda e-vetting email anywhere from one to two weeks after the invitation email/submission and 2) according to the recent posting of the questions to the Minister of Justice about the 2021-22 / 23 application timelines, it seems as though 13,000 of us recently received the e-vetting email, so it might take a few weeks for them to process this many at one time.

"To ensure older files are also progressing under the new system my Department has recently written to 13,000 applicants with electronic links to commence eVetting." - https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... 48/#pq_548

Based on the timelines I've seen from others further along on here, it's then usually about four to six weeks before they received the approval and link to pay the €950. Then it's just a waiting game for invitation to the next ceremony.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed May 31, 2023 5:52 pm

Unfortunately, I think that's the end of the line for now. Yesterday people mentioned they've got a ceremony invite for 20th, so people there are already allocated.

As someone who is waiting since 2021, I'm extremely disappointed about not being included. Oh well.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Wed May 31, 2023 6:00 pm

Bluebird71 wrote:
Hi All

Just want to understand for those who received the evetting email invitation and completed it last week whether anyone has received the next steps from gardai for the actual vetting.
nothing seems like 2 weeks

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Wed May 31, 2023 6:01 pm

meself2 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 5:52 pm
Unfortunately, I think that's the end of the line for now. Yesterday people mentioned they've got a ceremony invite for 20th, so people there are already allocated.

As someone who is waiting since 2021, I'm extremely disappointed about not being included. Oh well.
End of the line for what/who? Personally I would only be disappointed about the lack of inclusion to the June ceremony if I have already been approved and paid the final fee. Are you saying that you already been approved/payment processed and are still waiting for the ceremony invitation?

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm

from invitation to disclosure viewed is roughly 2weeks
disclosure viewed to approval is roughly 4weeks

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed May 31, 2023 6:08 pm

sairsint wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:01 pm
meself2 wrote:

End of the line for what/who? Personally I would only be disappointed about the lack of inclusion to the June ceremony if I have already been approved and paid the final fee. Are you saying that you already been approved/payment processed and are still waiting for the ceremony invitation?
I meant end of the approvals that can make the ceremony. There was still hope before they sent out invitations for 20th, but since they've done that, I wouldn't expect them to issue any more invitations.
And no, I wasn't approved even. Got eVetting done and processed back in April, nothing since then.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Wed May 31, 2023 6:17 pm

meself2 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:08 pm
sairsint wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:01 pm
meself2 wrote:

I meant end of the approvals that can make the ceremony. There was still hope before they sent out invitations for 20th, but since they've done that, I wouldn't expect them to issue any more invitations.
And no, I wasn't approved even. Got eVetting done and processed back in April, nothing since then.
I do agree that if you weren't previously approved there's probably no hope of being included in this ceremony. I'm surprised you haven't received approval if your e-vetting was processed back in April, but it could just be a week or so away if it was later in the month. I'm sure you'll make the next ceremony.

Kbhattik
Ireland

Post by Kbhattik » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:18 pm

tugii20 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:00 pm
Bluebird71 wrote:
Hi All

Just want to understand for those who received the evetting email invitation and completed it last week whether anyone has received the next steps from gardai for the actual vetting.
nothing seems like 2 weeks

Hi.

Same here . No word from NVB yet

RCCar
Belarus

Post by RCCar » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:42 pm

I don't expect any progress here before the ceremony, they busy with other stuff

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:35 pm

I'd, unfortunately, concur with the statement above.

I would very much hope their current goal is to process as many people as they can for the ceremony before it's too late. If they would decide to go forward with eVetting, the process on Garda side will take about 2 weeks give or take, which ISD cannot influence whatsoever, plus final pre-approval checks/etc, so that won't help with the ceremony numbers.

Dustintheturkey
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Dustintheturkey » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:02 am

Hey all! Does anyone know what 'Application Received' means as a vetting status after it's been in progress? I've looked around and can't seem to find an answer.

I submitted the full vetting form with all the addresses on Friday.

On Saturday, the status updated to in progress.

Today, the status updated to in progress again twice. Later today it updated to 'Application Received'.

Any ideas on what that means? The docs and posts I've looked through don't mention that status. Thank you all in advance!

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:49 am

Dustintheturkey wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:02 am
Hey all! Does anyone know what 'Application Received' means as a vetting status after it's been in progress? I've looked around and can't seem to find an answer.

Today, the status updated to in progress again twice. Later today it updated to 'Application Received'.

Any ideas on what that means? The docs and posts I've looked through don't mention that status. Thank you all in advance!
Would you mind posting the full timeline of your application, just to make sure we understand the stage correctly?
Would application receieved be after In Progress (NVB)?
Or maybe did you submit it twice?

wattm
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by wattm » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:13 am

My eVetting was completed and viewed on March 12. I haven't received any updates from the department yet. Is this expected? Anyone else have the same situation?

Dustintheturkey
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Dustintheturkey » Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:07 am

Sure thing! The timeline is pasted below. Thanks so much for responding!

I really don't think I submitted twice, but of course anything is possible!

6 Jun 23
6:05 PM
Application received
In Progress (NVB)
7:56 AM
In Progress (NVB)
3 Jun 23
8:01 AM
In Progress (NVB)
2 Jun 23
5:49 PM
Application submitted to NVB for processing
5:43 PM
Application awaiting review by registered organisation
4:35 PM
Invitation sent to applicant
4:29 PM
Invitation being prepared by NVB
4:24 PM
Invitation received by NVB

meself2 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:49 am
Dustintheturkey wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:02 am

Would you mind posting the full timeline of your application, just to make sure we understand the stage correctly?
Would application receieved be after In Progress (NVB)?
Or maybe did you submit it twice?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:13 am

Dustintheturkey wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:07 am

6 Jun 23
Application received
In Progress (NVB)
In Progress (NVB)
It's just at the same time as being in progress; possibly it's an (accidental) internal status; also, as an option, ISD had made a mistake while transferring data to NVB so they resubmitted your invitation, but that's pure speculation.
My eVetting timeline was drastically different (submitted - in progress after almost 2 weeks - completed after 2 weeks), so interesting to see that. I wouldn't worry about it - it's just started progressing and there ample time till next ceremony (sorry, but I'm afraid you won't make the June one).

Dustintheturkey
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Dustintheturkey » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:14 pm

Thank you so much meself2! I thought it might be something like that. If I ever find out what the weird/new status means, I will update this thread and keep everyone looped in.

I really appreciate your insights and wish everyone the best!

meself2 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:13 am
Dustintheturkey wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:07 am

6 Jun 23
Application received
In Progress (NVB)
In Progress (NVB)
It's just at the same time as being in progress; possibly it's an (accidental) internal status; also, as an option, ISD had made a mistake while transferring data to NVB so they resubmitted your invitation, but that's pure speculation.
My eVetting timeline was drastically different (submitted - in progress after almost 2 weeks - completed after 2 weeks), so interesting to see that. I wouldn't worry about it - it's just started progressing and there ample time till next ceremony (sorry, but I'm afraid you won't make the June one).

zwei1213
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zwei1213 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:53 pm

just logged into the e vetting portal and it says ''download expired''.

i completed my e vetting back in first week of April and disclosure was viewed on 5th of April.

what does ''download expired'' mean?

Has anyone else had the same experience ?

RCCar
Belarus

Post by RCCar » Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:02 pm

It means, it viewed and done - i. e. completed

zwei1213
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zwei1213 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:18 pm

thank you

Yksl
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Yksl » Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:58 pm

johndonut wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 10:35 am
Question:
My spouse and I applied togather via a solicitor. I am the Stamp 1-4 person (moved the Ireland for work). My spouse is a Stamp 3-1g. We applied on the same day with the same documentation for everything except the IDs (although we do hold the same dual citizenship).

I was not sent an invite for evetting email, but my spouse did receive one a few days back. Is this expected/normal? We are both Jan. 2023 applicants.

I have not contacted anyone about anything to date, but I wondered if I am supposed to make an inquiry in this case. Is this something to think about or just put it aside and wait like usual?
Hi did you receive your email at the end? We are in a similar situation, I have received the email on 22nd and my spouse didn't. I'm curious to see if anyone else in the same boat.