ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa Refused for My Mom

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

carlos02
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Visit Visa Refused for My Mom

Post by carlos02 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:45 pm

Hi,

I recently applied visit visa for my mom and got refusal stating the following reasons. Could you please advise what documents can i provide to with the next application to ensure visa is granted?

[i]I have considered the documents and information you have provided about your personal and economic circumstances and I have noted that you have not demonstrated any funds, properties or assets of your own. Therefore the documents you have provided do not demonstrate that you have any other immediate family members in your country of residence or anywhere else, aside from the UK where your son resides. I am not satisfied that you have ties in your home country, to ensure you will leave the UK at the end of your proposed visit.[/i]

Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Re: Visit Visa Refused for My Mom

Post by meself2 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:57 pm

There's no magic document that just allows everyone to gain a UK visa, it all depens on the situation, person and their personal circumstances.

More background is needed. Does your mother work? Have other kids (and where do they live)? Have property? What would be the reason for her to return home?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

carlos02
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by carlos02 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:02 am

My mom is about 70 years old living with my brothers and sisters back home. I am planning to invite her for couple of weeks for visit and submitted letter of sponsorship that i will be bearing the full cost.

I can submit her bank statements to show available funds but what else can i show?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:12 am

carlos02 wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:02 am
I am planning to invite her for couple of weeks for visit and submitted letter of sponsorship that i will be bearing the full cost.
It's not enough, unfortunately. In the eyes of visa officers, she's all alone with nothing in her home country, but now she can go to her son, who will fund her and let her stay in the house - why would she want to go back?
carlos02 wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:02 am
I can submit her bank statements to show available funds but what else can i show?
IF those brothers and sisters are her children, it might help to show that they're back in the home country, since it would be something to make her return.
There's a bunch of examples of similar cases on the forum, eg general-uk-immigration-forum/mom-and-ne ... 35506.html ; just search "mother visitor visa" to see other members' experiences. But once again, each applicant is treated on their own merits.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

carlos02
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by carlos02 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:22 am

Thanks for your help, this link was helpful

Yes, my brothers and sisters are her children. Should i just include a cover letter explaining that or do i need to include more documents to prove that? like copies of passports?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:17 am

carlos02 wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:22 am

Yes, my brothers and sisters are her children. Should i just include a cover letter explaining that or do i need to include more documents to prove that? like copies of passports?
You will need to submit documented evidence, a letter won't be sufficient.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:47 am

carlos02 wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:45 pm
I have considered the documents and information you have provided about your personal and economic circumstances and I have noted that you have not demonstrated any funds, properties or assets of your own.
Not sure whether I'm reading this right but for this application you submitted your supporting documents as a sponsor but what did you submit under her name?

carlos02
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by carlos02 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:54 am

[quote=lolo2 post_id=2118446 time=1686563265 user_id=227009]
[quote=carlos02 post_id=2118411 time=1686523515 user_id=45242]
[i]I have considered the documents and information you have provided about your personal and economic circumstances and I have noted that you have not demonstrated any funds, properties or assets of your own. [/i]
[/quote]

Not sure whether I'm reading this right but for this application you submitted your supporting documents as a sponsor but what did you submit under her name?
[/quote]

Yes,thats right. I didnt know much about applying visit visa and thought my documents as a sponsor would be sufficient and didnt submit any documents under her name! I need to learn more about applying visit visa.

carlos02
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by carlos02 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:56 am

[quote=Casa post_id=2118439 time=1686561452 user_id=29558]
[quote=carlos02 post_id=2118416 time=1686525721 user_id=45242]

[/quote]

You will need to submit documented evidence, a letter won't be sufficient.
[/quote]

would it be possible to point out the right type of documents to prove/evidence this?

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:02 am

carlos02 wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:45 pm
Yes,thats right. I didnt know much about applying visit visa and thought my documents as a sponsor would be sufficient and didnt submit any documents under her name! I need to learn more about applying visit visa.
It seems you've been participating in the forum for many years and are familiar with the UK immigration system, why you didn't check or ask before applying?

You cannot submit an application without supporting documents of the applicant, that applies to any type of visa.

In a new application you obviously must submit her financial and personal supporting documents, these are the ones demonstrating her individual circumstances and that she is a genuine visitor and not a potential immigrant. Your documents as a sponsor are complementary, not the main factor.