ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statements and history of transactions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

harv31
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Bank statements and history of transactions

Post by harv31 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:52 pm

I plan to visit my husband's family in the UK. we're both in china and we'll be heading there together for 2 weeks over summer. We'll be staying at my mother in law's house then returning back together.

For proof of finance, I'll be providing an official document from the bank stating how much savings in the account (over 13k pounds).

I'll also submit a letter from my employer and payslips. And an invite letter from my mother in law of course.

I don't plan to submit any bank statements with transaction details. The reason is because most of my money has actually been in different investment accounts and before yesterday my savings account had very little cash. I'm just concerned that the assessor will think of it as suspicious that suddenly over 13k pounds has appeared in my savings account.

Will this be an issue?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Bank statements and history of transactions

Post by Ticktack » Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:27 pm

harv31 wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:52 pm
I plan to visit my husband's family in the UK. we're both in china and we'll be heading there together for 2 weeks over summer. We'll be staying at my mother in law's house then returning back together.

For proof of finance, I'll be providing an official document from the bank stating how much savings in the account (over 13k pounds).

I'll also submit a letter from my employer and payslips. And an invite letter from my mother in law of course. If she's inviting, then she also has to evidence her immigration status.

I don't plan to submit any bank statements with transaction details. The reason is because most of my money has actually been in different investment accounts and before yesterday my savings account had very little cash. I'm just concerned that the assessor will think of it as suspicious that suddenly over 13k pounds has appeared in my savings account. If you work, then you get paid, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. Why have you not used that account?

Will this be an issue? Of course it would be an issue.
You probably knew at the start of the year that you plan to visit the UK sometime this year. Why didn't you start prepping for it? By leaving your money in one account? Lastminute.com never helps. Better you use your spouse's account at this stage. But add your payslips and salary account.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

harv31
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by harv31 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:46 pm

Yes, I will upload an image of my mother in law's UK passport and her proof of address.

So is the bank statement with transaction details of up to 6 months (or 3 months) mandatory? It doesn't say that on the official website. I thought that payslips, a letter from my employer, and evidence of enough money in my savings account will be enough to prove I can afford the trip, and that I have links to my home country so I fully intend to return. (a full time job)

It also says don't provide too many documents. I just thought bank statements from last 6 months would be redundant at this point. If I do add them, do you suggest I write a cover letter explaining that savings were in an investment account?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:38 pm

harv31 wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:46 pm
So is the bank statement with transaction details of up to 6 months (or 3 months) mandatory?
Basically, yes; they want to make sure people did not ask a friend to ledge 10k on their bank account for a visa to withdraw it next day and other similar things.
harv31 wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:46 pm
do you suggest I write a cover letter explaining that savings were in an investment account?
Yes, you need to explain it (and possibly provide documents).
For example, here (post2118366.html#p2118366), one of the reasons is " I acknowledge the account show's multiple cash deposits of unknown
origin. I am not satisfied from the documents provided you have shown a full picture of
your financial circumstances.", so they want to know where do money come from.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

harv31
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by harv31 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:54 am

Ok, how about proof of my mother in law's accomodation? It says don't provide sponsor's utility bills. All I have is the invitation letter where she writes what her address is. No actual proof, but I guess it isn't required?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:59 am

harv31 wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:54 am
Ok, how about proof of my mother in law's accomodation? It says don't provide sponsor's utility bills. All I have is the invitation letter where she writes what her address is. No actual proof, but I guess it isn't required?
Utility bill showing residence isn't a requirement, but it's good to add it. It shows that you'd be staying at the address that you say you would.
Most documents are not mandatory, in fact, they probably wouldn't even ask for them. The onus is on you, to prove beyond reasonable doubt why you need to be granted the visa. The HO has been paid by you. Visa granted or not, makes no difference to them.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

harv31
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by harv31 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:26 pm

OK got it. The official document I got from the bank showing my savings is in both English and Chinese. The bank statements are in Chinese... I guess they all need to be translated into English? The payslips from my employer are already in English

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:12 am

harv31 wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:26 pm
OK got it. The official document I got from the bank showing my savings is in both English and Chinese. The bank statements are in Chinese... I guess they all need to be translated into English? The payslips from my employer are already in English
Any document not in English requires translation.