ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation certificate not received after ceremony

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

professor_007
India

Naturalisation certificate not received after ceremony

Post by professor_007 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:22 pm

Hey Folks,

I hope someone can shed some light on my issue.

I attended the ceremony on 10th March in Dublin. We were told the certs will be issued in a couple of weeks.
So until 14th April, I didn't receive the cert. For an emergency, I had to travel to my home country. I was supposed to be returning after 4 weeks but again I had to postpone my return once and I returned after about 6 weeks.

During this time they had sent my cert twice. The first time there was a delivery attempt was on 17th April but since no one was at home after a week it was returned back to the Tipperary office. They then tried another delivery on 10th May and the same thing happened after a week.

On 17th May I received an email from CitizenshipprocessingteamAmailin@justice.ie, asking to confirm my address. They apparently tried to call me as well but my number didn't receive any call. I explained the situation in my response and they asked me to send an email to citizenshipinfo@justice.ie when I'm back in Ireland.

On my return, I emailed both email ids multiple times, and after a week got a response from customersupport@citizenship.cloud.gov.ie signed as Citizenship Helpdesk Team 1, that cert will be issued by registered post in the coming days. This is also a new email id I'm seeing for the first time. Is it a new customer support team? It's been two weeks since my return and sending email but no cert yet.

My question is has anyone of you or anyone you know have gone through a similar situation before? And how long did it take to receive the cert?

June 29th would mark two yrs since I applied. so getting a bit anxious. It's partially my fault but I didn't have any other choice either. I thought they'd just send it in the normal post (that's how they do for passports) and it'd be through my door but clearly, they surprise me every single time. Delay by every single day will cause more problems as I will have to travel to Sweden in about two months. I was hoping having an Irish passport will be easier otherwise I have to go through a painful visa process

RCCar
Belarus

Re: Naturalisation certificate not received after ceremony

Post by RCCar » Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:31 pm

If they can't deliver the registered post, they sent it for a couple of days to closest an post office? That what happend with you?

professor_007
India

Post by professor_007 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:37 pm

Usually, if a registered post can't be delivered no one is there to attend the door, the postman/woman would put a note to collect it from the nearest distribution centre. If it's not collected within 6 days it'd be returned to the sender. That's what has happened to me.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:17 pm

professor_007 wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:22 pm
This is also a new email id I'm seeing for the first time. Is it a new customer support team?
This is just another ticketing system I reckon, nothing to worry about.
professor_007 wrote:
It's been two weeks since my return and sending email but no cert yet.
You can maybe try to follow up on it and ask for a tracking number (or to be sent one if they haven't dispatched it already), so that way you would know whenever it's in progress and where it's at?
professor_007 wrote:
My question is has anyone of you or anyone you know have gone through a similar situation before?
It's been first ceremony where they send certs by post to adults. Unfortunately, I think you're the first one to report it, so keep sharing the developments!
Second one is about to commence next week (June 19th and 20th); they could possibly wait until it happened so they could include your cert in the batch again.
professor_007 wrote:
as I will have to travel to Sweden in about two months. I was hoping having an Irish passport will be easier otherwise I have to go through a painful visa process
I would certainly recommend you to get a visa now, as it's extremely likely your cert could be sent with new ceremony goers, meaning passport system will get, like, 10000 new passport applications, takings its time with passports. Get a hold of the appointment now, send an email to the embassy and try to explain the situation if there are none available to see if they can help. Better to lose a visa fee with a pointless visa than not go on a trip.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

professor_007
India

Post by professor_007 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:43 am

Thanks..
I would certainly recommend you to get a visa now, as it's extremely likely your cert could be sent with new ceremony goers, meaning passport system will get, like, 10000 new passport applications, takings its time with passports. Get a hold of the appointment now, send an email to the embassy and try to explain the situation if there are none available to see if they can help. Better to lose a visa fee with a pointless visa than not go on a trip.
Yes, that's the only option I seem to have left with. But as you know getting a visa appointment is like winning the lottery. Unfortunately, I have to endure this for another while :(

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:10 am

professor_007 wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:43 am
Thanks..
Yes, that's the only option I seem to have left with. But as you know getting a visa appointment is like winning the lottery. Unfortunately, I have to endure this for another while :(
I do know; from personal experience, I've asked a Schengen country for an appointment by email as I planned to go to a convention next month and they did found me one, kudos to them! So try knocking on doors, elaborating the reasons for which you should go there. Maybe they'll give you a longer one based on your history..
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.