ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Benefit Question- "Where you have lived"

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adi21
Bangladesh

Child Benefit Question- "Where you have lived"

Post by adi21 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:07 pm

Hi,
I am a British citizen ( living in the UK from 2016, got British citizenship by spouse settlement), currently unemployed. I want to apply for child benefits for my child ( born in April 2023). In the child benefit form, there is a question "Where you have lived" . I am not sure which option should I choose.

"option 1.always lived in the UK"( as I have arrived here in 2016 does it applies to me)

"option 2- "lived in the UK and abroad" - if I choose this one then further questions asked me "Do I live in the UK normally" I chose "Yes" and " I would be considered an "ordinarily resident"- this makes me confused. After reading the notes I am not sure what they are trying to explain.

Can Anyone advise pls?

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Child Benefit Question- "Where you have lived"

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:46 pm

adi21 wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:07 pm
Hi,
I am a British citizen ( living in the UK from 2016, got British citizenship by spouse settlement), currently unemployed. I want to apply for child benefits for my child ( born in April 2023). In the child benefit form, there is a question "Where you have lived" . I am not sure which option should I choose.

"option 1.always lived in the UK"( as I have arrived here in 2016 does it applies to me)

"option 2- "lived in the UK and abroad" - if I choose this one then further questions asked me "Do I live in the UK normally" I chose "Yes" and " I would be considered an "ordinarily resident"- this makes me confused. After reading the notes I am not sure what they are trying to explain.

Can Anyone advise pls?

Thanks
Option 2- "lived in the UK and abroad". The questions are standard and are to confirm that you are resident in the UK and entitled to claim Child Benefit.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.