ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Get Refusal Today (need guidance and Help)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vijay
Newly Registered

Get Refusal Today (need guidance and Help)

Post by vijay » Sat May 28, 2005 5:53 pm

I applied for HSMP after proper understanding each and every clause of it. But unfortunately it was declined and I got the refusal letter today. The points claimed are as under:

Qualifications (Masters Degree)=25
Experience=35 (Including senior level post)
Spouse=10
Significant Achievement=25

But the points gained are:

Qualifications (Masters Degree)=25
Experience=0
Spouse=0
Significant Achievement=0

If I realistically assess my result I can surely say I was expecting 0 points for significant achievement but dont know why havent they awarded me points for spouse and experience. I tried to furnish all supporting documents for spouse qualification, letters delivered to both of us on the same address including I.D card, passports, Pakistan Engineering Council Certificates bearing same addresses, credit card bills, greetings letters recieved at same address etc. And also my employer reference was on original letter head bearing staring and end dates for various positions held with responsibilities. I dont know why havent they considered these both factors?

One thing which is very important is that I supplied orginal documents for the factors against which I got zero points and I provided notarized attested copies for degrees and they gave me points against that. It seems to be on contrary as what I have seen on this forum.

Anyway I need guidance and Help from all experienced members. Should I apply for review of file new case.

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Sat May 28, 2005 11:11 pm

Did you send letter from at least 2 years period addressed to you and your husband? I dont think greeting cards or certificates count, it should be one of those services included in the HSMP Guidance, like financial letter, bank statements, credit card statements, insurance, gas, eletricity, rent...

For example, I have sent letters covering a period of almost three years, instead of sending all this bills and letter for each month during this period, I have sent them for each 3 or 4 months... Ie.: May 2003, October 2003, February 2004, September 2004, January 2005, May 2005. And just a few from some months in between. I have also provide life insurances for 2 years in the name of my partner showing me as a beneficiary, and tenancy agreement.

Also, when you claim work points, reference letters and certificates are usually not enough. It would be better if you could provide a contract, payment slips, or income tax.

Don't give up! Just send another application with more supporting documents. We have to jump through the hoops! Don't lose your hope, you will get there, it's just a matter of patience and determination.

Good Luck!

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Sun May 29, 2005 8:59 am

Vijay,
Sorry to hear about your application. Have you recieved the letter yet? This should give full details as to why you were not accepted for the points you claimed. e.g Experience '......we are not not satisfied that.....'. You could share those reasons with the forum (leaving out any names etc). Also in your experience letter what does it actually say. applicants normally make a mistake of writing very complex ref letters about the work they do without actually mentioning that it is graduate level. Did you apply for under / over 28?
on the spouse issue i remember you posted a question earlier http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ght=#19657 and it will seem that they didnt consider your claim because you didnt have the required 2 years leaving together

sohail

Post by sohail » Sun May 29, 2005 12:08 pm

Dear Vijay

Sorry to know all this. I sent notarized copy of my sister, even then she was given zero marks. Regarding experience she was awarded 50 marks. What are HSMP people are doing!!! Can you please send me a private message at my hotmail address; sohail4312@hotmail.com I get some light of hope if you help me.

Thanks

kijaz

Post by kijaz » Sun May 29, 2005 3:19 pm

Dear Sohail,

There is no harm in re-applying, u will get decesion in two weeks

Please refer to the revised guideline by HSMP TEAM

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... p_faq.html

5. Do you accept copies of certificates or other evidence?

Any documentary evidence you provide should be original. Where a document is not in English the original must be accompanied by a fully certified translation by an officially recognised translator. An officially recognised translator is defined as one that is recognised by the local British High Commission or Embassy.

KI