ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evetting in progress- now a victim of online scam? will complaining to Garda impact my naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sv23367

Evetting in progress- now a victim of online scam? will complaining to Garda impact my naturalisation

Post by sv23367 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:37 am

hi all,
Applied for naturalisation in 2023. my Evetting is in progress. in the last 2 days, i was caught in an online scam.i ended up losing money in good value. i want to complaint this to Garda. but iam not sure if complaining to Garda will cause an issue with respect to my naturalisation. Kindly advise.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Evetting in progress- now a victim of online scam? will complaining to Garda impact my naturalisation

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:20 am

I don’t know anything about Irish naturalisation but you have been a victim of a crime why should this impact your application? You are doing your citizens duty.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Re: Evetting in progress- now a victim of online scam? will complaining to Garda impact my naturalisation

Post by sairsint » Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:29 am

E-vetting is a background check about you (I.e. offences you committed, your historical or pending convictions, etc.) It would have nothing to do with an offence committed against you in which you reach out to the proper authorities for assistance.

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:33 am

Thank you both for the reply. i didnt know i will end up losing money . i will go to Garda

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:40 am

sv23367 wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:33 am
Thank you both for the reply. i didnt know i will end up losing money . i will go to Garda
can you share your experience to help others not lose their money?
how did you become a victim?

nzrmd
Turkey

Post by nzrmd » Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:31 am

First of all, sorry to hear that, I hope you will get your money back.

I also had a complaint to garda due to an incident (some people attacked me at night in 2022) and it didn't create any problem on evetting process, it was completed without any issues. So don't worry about reaching out to garda

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:28 am

nzrmd wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:31 am
First of all, sorry to hear that, I hope you will get your money back.

I also had a complaint to garda due to an incident (some people attacked me at night in 2022) and it didn't create any problem on evetting process, it was completed without any issues. So don't worry about reaching out to garda
if someone is attacked you and if it is not your fault then there is no need to worry and it won't affect you vetting