ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child’s first British passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ssaima2012
United Kingdom

Child’s first British passport

Post by Ssaima2012 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:52 pm

Hi all, can someone assist me with the below?

My friend was born in Pakistan in 1985 and obtained his British passport in the UK as his mother was British-born.
Now he is married in Pakistan having two Childers's were born in Pakistan in 2020, 2021
His wife is in Pakistan and never applied for a visa
Currently, (my friend is in Pakistan and is coming to the UK for a few days as he is running his business in Pakistan)
my friend wishes to apply for his children's British passports who were born and present in Pakistan

Can he apply for his children's British passport while in Pakistan?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Child’s first British passport

Post by meself2 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:03 am

Ssaima2012 wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:52 pm
My friend was born in Pakistan in 1985 and obtained his British passport in the UK as his mother was British-born.
Don't tag your questions on others' topics, please.

If I understand it right, your friend's children cannot apply for British passports because the kids are not British.
As your friend got British nationality via his mother and was born outside UK, he's British by descent, which limits passing nationality to one generation.
https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-br ... -july-2006
Your British parent’s mother or father could pass on their citizenship if they were one of the following:

[...]
given citizenship after applying for it in their own right (not based on having a British parent)
I might have missed something, so if more knowledgeable folks wish to correct me, I'm all for it. But that's how situation appears to me.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Ssaima2012
United Kingdom

Post by Ssaima2012 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:51 am

Thank you for reply,

So there is no way to get even ILR?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:19 am

Ssaima2012 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:51 am
Thank you for reply,

So there is no way to get even ILR?
No, they would get the same visa as their other parent to live in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.