ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS Refund - Change of employment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abhinavrajis
Newly Registered
India

IHS Refund - Change of employment

Post by abhinavrajis » Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:25 am

Hi I am on Skilled worker visa and recently changed my employment. The initial visa was valid for 5 years (Oct 2022 to Oct 2027) and now the new job is for 3 years (Mar 2023 to Mar 2026). I had to repay the IHS fees for the new visa. It has been more than 2 months now and I haven't received the IHS refund for the overlap period. I also raised this issue through UKVI call centre. They said that I will get an update within 10 days but I am still waiting. Any suggestions on how I can escalate this and resolve this issue. I am in serious need of funds.

Thanks in advance.

ska_abbas

Re: IHS Refund - Change of employment

Post by ska_abbas » Thu May 18, 2023 2:05 pm

Hi there,

It took over 6 months for my overlapping IHS to be refunded, so you're due in for some more wait.

Drop and email to this email address and share your details.

Transactional Services Correspondence <transactionalservicescorrespondence@homeoffice.gov.uk>

They usually take couple of months before they get back to you. It would be done eventually, but the usual timeline given on gov.uk is often not followed.

Thanks

annieizums
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by annieizums » Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:51 pm

ska_abbas wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 2:05 pm
Hi there,

It took over 6 months for my overlapping IHS to be refunded, so you're due in for some more wait.

Transactional Services Correspondence <transactionalservicescorrespondence@homeoffice.gov.uk>

They usually take couple of months before they get back to you. It would be done eventually, but the usual timeline given on gov.uk is often not followed.

Thanks
Hello, Please can someone assist, how do I change my IHS bank account details to current one I have as the former I used in making payment is now invalid. Any way forward please.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:11 pm

annieizums wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:51 pm
ska_abbas wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 2:05 pm
Hi there,

Thanks
Hello, Please can someone assist, how do I change my IHS bank account details to current one I have as the former I used in making payment is now invalid. Any way forward please.
You will have to contact the IHS team about this and hope a convincing explanation sways them to paying to new account.

MarkCa
United Kingdom

Post by MarkCa » Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:07 pm

If payment details are invalid because the card expired, I believe funds will still get into your bank account (as bank will sort this out). If the account was closed down however, then I am not sure what happens.

Also, just to confirm, IHS for one of my employees was refunded automatically when he got a new job. It did take some time but there was no action needed.

nanuj14
Newly Registered
India

Post by nanuj14 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:49 pm

abhinavrajis wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:25 am
Hi I am on Skilled worker visa and recently changed my employment. The initial visa was valid for 5 years (Oct 2022 to Oct 2027) and now the new job is for 3 years (Mar 2023 to Mar 2026). I had to repay the IHS fees for the new visa. It has been more than 2 months now and I haven't received the IHS refund for the overlap period. I also raised this issue through UKVI call centre. They said that I will get an update within 10 days but I am still waiting. Any suggestions on how I can escalate this and resolve this issue. I am in serious need of funds.

Thanks in advance.
hi abhinavrajis,
Do we need to pay IHS fee again for update skill visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:24 am

nanuj14 wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:49 pm
abhinavrajis wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:25 am

Thanks in advance.
hi abhinavrajis,
Do we need to pay IHS fee again for update skill visa?
Yes, you have to pay ihs again. Ihs is payable with each visa application you make.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.