ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent A&E Medical Treatment on UK visit and Visa Extension

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sharfumd
Newly Registered

Urgent A&E Medical Treatment on UK visit and Visa Extension

Post by sharfumd » Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:46 am

Hi - I need urgent help on this query please.
My mother and father has been on visit visa in UK of 6months which is expiring on 9th July 23.
3 weeks before her travel on 13th June she has been admitted to hospital in emergency situation and had to be treated with surgery . The NHS mentioned her not fit for travel so as to get her treatment in india so we chose the option to go with surgery here at NHS .

She has only her dependent that is my father who she travelled with and is staying back with her in India and she needs medical assistance as she has just undergone surgery and is under recovery for next 2-3 months.

Please can you advise how I can request for visa extension beyond 6 months for both my parents and what would be required.

razergd1
Israel

Re: Urgent A&E Medical Treatment on UK visit and Visa Extension

Post by razergd1 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:13 pm

From government website,
"If you need to stay longer for medical treatment
If you’re already in the UK, you can apply to stay for a further 6 months if you:

have paid for any treatment you’ve already had in the UK
can and will pay the further costs of your treatment
continue to meet the medical treatment eligibility requirements.
There is no limit on how many times you can extend your stay. It costs £1000 each time you extend."

. As for your father maybe some other forum members have better information but it may be a case of applying outside the rules. You should consider getting legal advice.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.
I take no responsibility for following them.

secret.simon

Re: Urgent A&E Medical Treatment on UK visit and Visa Extension

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:48 pm

Visit the UK as a Standard Visitor - When you can extend your stay wrote: If you need to stay longer for medical treatment
If you’re already in the UK, you can apply to stay for a further 6 months if you:

have paid for any treatment you’ve already had in the UK
can and will pay the further costs of your treatment

continue to meet the medical treatment eligibility requirements
There is no limit on how many times you can extend your stay. It costs £1000 each time you extend.

Documents you must provide
You must get a medical practitioner or NHS consultant who’s registered in the UK to provide details of your medical condition that needs further treatment.

If you’re having treatment at an NHS hospital under a reciprocal healthcare arrangement, you will need to provide another authorisation form from your country’s government saying they will pay for your treatment.
Keep in mind that the NHS will bill your mother at 150% of cost and that she or you will need to pay for it, probably before extending her visa.

Is there any reason that your father needs to stay behind? Is there a medical need for him to stay back? I doubt that he will be given an extension because his wife is in hospital, given that at least one chid is here in the UK to take care of her if need be.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.