ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

no details with inland revenue

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krssubbu

no details with inland revenue

Post by krssubbu » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:22 pm

Hi all,

I have 2 jobs. I received a letter from invland revenue saying my my tax code is 603L. so i called teh tax office and they say they have only my second job (as main job) and have no details about my primary job at all.

My employer says he has been paying tax and has given me payslips everymonth. I think by the time i sort this out it will be a month due to christmas holidays and i have my extension in Jan.

Will this affect my visa extension (inland revenue having only details of my second job) ? does HSMP team check with the invland revune ?

i have all payslips stamped and sealed from my primary job and secondary job.

Please help me

Thanks

republique
BANNED

Re: no details with inland revenue

Post by republique » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:33 pm

krssubbu wrote:Hi all,

I have 2 jobs. I received a letter from invland revenue saying my my tax code is 603L. so i called teh tax office and they say they have only my second job (as main job) and have no details about my primary job at all.

My employer says he has been paying tax and has given me payslips everymonth. I think by the time i sort this out it will be a month due to christmas holidays and i have my extension in Jan.

Will this affect my visa extension (inland revenue having only details of my second job) ? does HSMP team check with the invland revune ?

i have all payslips stamped and sealed from my primary job and secondary job.

Please help me

Thanks
It says in the guidance what evidence is needed for extension
of course, you should sort out the tax issue with hmrc but the ho will not go by this in terms of evidence

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:31 pm

so you mean to say it will not be a problem because i dont have time to sort it out and apply for extension

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:36 pm

krssubbu wrote:so you mean to say it will not be a problem because i dont have time to sort it out and apply for extension
I mean review what is evidence in the guidance

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:38 pm

krssubbu wrote:so you mean to say it will not be a problem because i dont have time to sort it out and apply for extension
I mean review what is evidence in the guidance

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:38 pm

On the payslips for your main employment, is the correct NI number being shown?

Did you receive a form P60 showing your pay and tax up to 05.04.08?
John

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:39 pm

yes on my payslips from all my jobs shows correct NI number

Actually i joned my primary job in June 2008 so i dont have a p60
but i received p60 from my previous employment

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:09 pm

krssubbu, unless your payslips already give that information, ask your main employer for their PAYE tax reference.

Having got that information I think you should phone HMRC again.

I presume that when you left your old employer you got a form P45, and you handed that to your current employer?
John

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:16 pm

yes i did that. i gave it to my present primary job employer. he said he will give me paye reference and everything. but i think this will take a month atlest to sort out.

do i have to wait until this problem gets sorted to apply for hsmp as i dont have enough time. inland revenue says will take 4 weeks or more due to holidays

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:11 am

krssubbu wrote:yes i did that. i gave it to my present primary job employer. he said he will give me paye reference and everything. but i think this will take a month atlest to sort out.

do i have to wait until this problem gets sorted to apply for hsmp as i dont have enough time. inland revenue says will take 4 weeks or more due to holidays
I think if you have adequate evidence in terms of pay slips and bank statements there should be no reason for you to worry.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:12 am

Thanks for your reply

I ahve got the details from my employer. I will call the Inland revenue today.

Also could you please let me know if i need to show English Language proof for my visa extension. I got my initial HSMP in Jan 2007.

Thanks

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:41 pm

i have called the inland revenue and given my tax PAYE details. they said they will have to create a record which will take a week.

can someone advice me does this problem has to be sorted before i apply for my extension as i have it in JAN 2009

also can someone tell me why the Inland revenue will not have details of my priamry job (they say employer has not submitted) - but if he has not submitted then how will he pay tax on my NI and produce pay slips ?

please help me

Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:02 pm

can someone advice me does this problem has to be sorted before i apply for my extension as i have it in JAN 2009
No, it is irrelevant to the visa application.
also can someone tell me why the Inland revenue will not have details of my priamry job (they say employer has not submitted)
You have been told correctly. The employer has failed to notify them that you are working for them. You handed in a form P45? The employer has failed to forward that (on paper or electronically) to HMRC. Your employer should correct this omission as soon as possible.
if he has not submitted then how will he pay tax on my NI and produce pay slips ?
During the tax year the employer merely needs to hand over the money each month, but not specify how much is for each employee. It is only when they submit the PAYE End-of-Year return, by 19th May, that they specify how much is for each employee.

By the way, you keep mentioning Inland Revenue. They no longer exist under that name. They are now HMRC ... Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs.
John

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:40 pm

thanks for urs clear explanation.

i have understood now.

also one more thing, do we need to show english lang proof for extension applications. i got my initial visa in 2007. going to extend jan 2009 (2 years)

thanks

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:18 pm

krssubbu wrote: also one more thing, do we need to show english lang proof for extension applications. i got my initial visa in 2007. going to extend jan 2009 (2 years)

thanks
The point is under which rules did you get the initial approval? Please see below:
You will also meet the English language requirement if:

you were given permission to stay under a tier 1 category (other than investors or post-study workers) and are applying for an extension; or
you were given permission to stay as a highly skilled migrant under the immigration rules that came into force on 5 December 2006, and you are applying for an extension under a tier 1 category.

If you are applying for permission to stay (known as 'leave to remain') under the highly skilled worker category and have received a previous grant of leave under an immigration category that did not require a particular standard of English, you must meet the English language requirement.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:15 am

Hi,

i was given hsmp on jan 2007 (rule that came into effect after dec 5th). also i showed my english language requirment during my initail application.

So i presume from the above comment, i dont need to show it again for my extension.

is it correct ?

please help me

Thanks

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:27 pm

krssubbu wrote:Hi,

i was given hsmp on jan 2007 (rule that came into effect after dec 5th). also i showed my english language requirment during my initail application.

So i presume from the above comment, i dont need to show it again for my extension.

is it correct ?

please help me

Thanks
Correct.