ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (SET O) queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mohshamy
Newly Registered
Egypt

ILR (SET O) queries

Post by mohshamy » Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:58 pm

Hello
I am about to apply for ILR through 5 years pathway, SW tier 2 (health and care).
My first UK visa issued 18/08/2018 (vignette date).
Date of physical entry 15/09/2018.
My current BRP valid to 31/12/2014
I would like to clarify some points please:
1) According to my calculations the earliest date I can submit ILR application is 21/07/2023, is that true?
2) I understand that I can submit my application earlier that 21/07/2023 and be sure to have my biometrics taken and documents uploaded after this date, is that true?
3) On the ILR application I answered the question (When did you first enter the UK?) by placing the date of physical entry 15/09/2018, is that true?
4) On the ILR application I am not sure how to answer the question (Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?). I intend to mention my country of birth where I lived most of my life, but should I include every country I visited before even for tourism? How long should I have stayed in a country to count as I lived there?
Thanks you in advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR (SET O) queries

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:26 pm

1) What was the issue date on your first BRP, is it earlier than 18/08/2018 (vignette date) ? You should use the earliest date
2) Correct
3) Correct
4) It is about the countries you have lived in NOT visited
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mohshamy
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by mohshamy » Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:21 pm

Thank you the rapid response Zimba
My BRP starts date 30/08/2018, so I will use the vignette date because it is earlier.
I will place only my country of origin because this the only place (in addition to UK) where I lived and worked.
Please advise if you think different.
Thanks again

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:24 pm

No it is all good
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice