ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 year route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Superzing
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR Set(LR) 10 year route

Post by Superzing » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:51 pm

Hello - I’ve a question about SET(LR) 10 year long route application. I qualified for this route in May 2023 and applied (Standard application) through a solicitor in June 2023. Biometric appointment (free) booked in July 2023.

The question I have is this - is there a way for me check if my documents have been uploaded to UKVCAS by my solicitor? My solicitor is managing my application and their contact details are in the application. They are not the most responsive over phone or email, hence the question.

Also, am I right in saying the documents must be uploaded to UKVCAS before the biometric appointment?

Many thanks in advance. This is a super helpful group
xxx

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Set(LR) 10 year route

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:26 am

Superzing wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:51 pm
Hello - I’ve a question about SET(LR) 10 year long route application. I qualified for this route in May 2023 and applied (Standard application) through a solicitor in June 2023. Biometric appointment (free) booked in July 2023.

The question I have is this - is there a way for me check if my documents have been uploaded to UKVCAS by my solicitor? My solicitor is managing my application and their contact details are in the application. They are not the most responsive over phone or email, hence the question.

Also, am I right in saying the documents must be uploaded to UKVCAS before the biometric appointment? Correct

Many thanks in advance. This is a super helpful group
xxx
You are at the mercy of whom you have appointed I.e. the solicitor. You will have to ask them for updates till decision is made.
Noting that ILR LR is like the easiest of all UK application just asking what in you immigration history is complicated hence the need to engage solicitor?

Superzing
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Superzing » Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:35 am

I don’t know if you would call it complicated, but here is the situation - No problem with continuous stay or employment, although, post my T2 skilled worker visa of 5 years; I applied for a LTR due to family medical situation (within time and in country) which was refused by HO. Solicitor appealed and won in court. Discretionary LTR for exceptional reason was granted for 2.5 years which was renewed for another 2.5 years last year (again solicitor applied within time and was granted by HO. No refusal or court). In May 2023 I completed 10 year period and became eligible for ILR.

During this entire time (10 years) I was always employed and there was no impact to my right to work (during the court battle which lasted nearly a year, my right to work was not affected and my employer did ECS check every 6 months for compliance). No break or problems in lawful continuous residence of 10 years either (P60s, council tax, mortgage statement, etc to support this). I didn’t leave the country, even for holidays, during this 10 years.

Yes the switch from Tier 2 skilled worker visa to discretionary LTR was complex (although like I mentioned above, my solicitor applied before expiry of T2 and throughout the next 1 year period of HO refusal and appeal in court, I was working full time and within country); I would think the SET LR is now straightforward as I have competed 10 year continuous lawful residence?
Am I right in thinking this?

Many thanks

kamsi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by kamsi » Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:57 pm

It doesn’t look complicated as you have had continuous residence for the past 10 years regardless of the appeal that took one year to resolve. You made in time application before your leave to remain expired.

Superzing
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Superzing » Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:04 am

Thank you

Superzing
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Biometric appointment - Set LR - 10 years route

Post by Superzing » Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:19 pm

Hello! Can I please know the exact set of documents to be taken to the biometric appointment please? This is for SET LR - 10 year route. My solicitor says they have uploaded all my relevant supporting documents to UKVCAS.

Am I right in saying
1) All of my passports (current and expired)
2) Current BRP
3) Biometric appointment confirmation letter.

Are the only documents that are to be taken to the biometric appointment?

Anything else?

Thank you!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Biometric appointment - Set LR - 10 years route

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:18 pm

Superzing wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:19 pm
Hello! Can I please know the exact set of documents to be taken to the biometric appointment please? This is for SET LR - 10 year route. My solicitor says they have uploaded all my relevant supporting documents to UKVCAS.

Am I right in saying
1) All of my passports (current and expired)
2) Current BRP
3) Biometric appointment confirmation letter.

Are the only documents that are to be taken to the biometric appointment?

Anything else?

Thank you!
That's correct, ILR LR requires the barest minimum of documents for evidence to support application.

Superzing
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Superzing » Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:29 pm

Many thanks. Super supportive group :-)

I completed my biometrics this morning and towards the end, the gentleman behind the counter said he is going to submit the document set to HO and confirmed submission. (He said he could see the documents uploaded by my solicitor)

Bit confused because my solicitor said they submitted all the documents online on the 23rd of June itself. Did the gentleman behind the counter re-submit the documents today?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:09 pm

Solicitor loaded documents to UKVCAS submission system and they load it to UKVI at the biometrics appointment. Normal procedure whether solicitor or not.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:11 pm

Your documents are submitted digitally to the UKVI only AFTER you enrol your biometrics. The documents uploaded before simply were uploaded on the UKVCAS systems. UKVCAS staff will then submit it to the UKVI for processing (as you were told today)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Superzing
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Superzing » Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:42 pm

Gotcha! Many thanks

Superzing
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR 10 year route

Post by Superzing » Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:58 am

Hello - Me, my spouse and child all applied for ILR (10 year route) same day and biometric was on the same day too. Me and my wife received the ILR approval and BRP within 3 weeks of biometric; however we haven’t received anything yet from the HO for my 11 year old son. It’s been 3 months since biometric now and I am beginning to worry a bit. All of our immigration history is the same and no complexity so unsure what is going on. The only thing is my son has special needs (Autism and ADHD), don’t know if his medical condition is delaying HO? Any insights will be much appreciated. Thank you

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR 10 year route

Post by Ticktack » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:26 am

Superzing wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:58 am
Hello - Me, my spouse and child all applied for ILR (10 year route) same day and biometric was on the same day too. Me and my wife received the ILR approval and BRP within 3 weeks of biometric; however we haven’t received anything yet from the HO for my 11 year old son. It’s been 3 months since biometric now and I am beginning to worry a bit. All of our immigration history is the same and no complexity so unsure what is going on. The only thing is my son has special needs (Autism and ADHD), don’t know if his medical condition is delaying HO? Any insights will be much appreciated. Thank you
His medical condition has no effect on his ILR application. It could take up to 6 months. The fact that you got yours in 3 weeks is not a reflection that all has to be in the same time frame. All applications are treated separately/individually.

I'm afraid you just have to wait. If it's any consolation, just know that it would be fine, and he would get his ILR approved.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Superzing
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: ILR 10 year route

Post by Superzing » Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:13 pm

Thank you