ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW Current Processing Time

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

S_hope
Newly Registered

Re: Hello everyone.

Post by S_hope » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:15 pm

farzu23 wrote:
S_hope wrote: Hi Farzu23
Im extacly in the same situation as you. Can you please tell me which college and course? My friend applied from same college as me and he got within 3 weeks. I think they taking time for PGD /PG certificate courses. Awaiting your reply.
Hi,

I applied from British institute of technology and e-commerce.
my friend applied from the same place and the same course. Also he sent 4 passports and we only sent 2. i am confused and tensed.
oh okay. u did PGD? It is rather very confusing. Cant even say its PGD/ PG certificate courses thats causing delays as some ppl get in time some dont. it is frustrating.

farzu23
Newly Registered

hi

Post by farzu23 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:18 pm

hi,

In My certificate and college letters it says 'Level 7' every where. My course is post graduation diploma in business administration.
another of my friend is waiting for 7 weeks now. they should give a exact date or time. passports are very important to everyone. how many of you have send a self addressed next day delivery recorded envelope with your application?

is there anything to do with credit check? lolz

S_hope
Newly Registered

Re: hi

Post by S_hope » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:37 pm

farzu23 wrote:hi,

In My certificate and college letters it says 'Level 7' every where. My course is post graduation diploma in business administration.
another of my friend is waiting for 7 weeks now. they should give a exact date or time. passports are very important to everyone. how many of you have send a self addressed next day delivery recorded envelope with your application?

Level 7 or above uk bachelors degree level, it has to be one of the 2 in the letter and means the same. Credit check, Im not sure.
I just feel its not consistent at all. some people get in 2-3 weeks and for some it takes longer. Just pray.

A

Re: hi

Post by A » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:24 pm

S_hope wrote:
farzu23 wrote:hi,

Level 7 or above uk bachelors degree level, it has to be one of the 2 in the letter and means the same. Credit check, Im not sure.
I just feel its not consistent at all. some people get in 2-3 weeks and for some it takes longer. Just pray.
Hi : I know this is analogy, but the Home Office are analogy too so I'd like to point out that actually it does NOT have to be above bachelors degree level. It can be EQUIVALENT TO OR ABOVE. Furthermore, as I already stated, where does it actually say a course has to be a level 7? I cannot find the term "level 7" written anywhere. If you can, please do tell me as this could be relevant to my case.

Cheers, A.

farzu23
Newly Registered

hi

Post by farzu23 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:16 pm

hi,
any news ? anyone?

mahajans
Newly Registered

Fast Processing visa recieved in under 3 weeks

Post by mahajans » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:44 am

Hi All,

I had been following this thread very closely so thought that i would also update my status.

Application Posted: 13 November 2008
Application Recd by HO: 14 November 2008
Got Ref number by post: 17 November 2008
Passport recieved : 4 December 2008
(visa issued: 27 November 2008)

Documents Submitted:

Passport, Letter from Univ, Degree Certificate and 3 months bank statement.

Regards,

Shobhit

goodboy202001
Newly Registered

Post by goodboy202001 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:44 pm

Hi,
I posted my application end of October and I am still waiting for reply. Any body in that situation . Is dere no specific time how lond they take ? I recevd cnfirmation by HO on 4 Nov. Bt no news after that. Its quite concerning. Any ideas ?

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:52 pm

I am still waiting as well, sent mine in at the end of October and still waiting...am just hoping that no news means good news!

goodboy202001 wrote:Hi,
I posted my application end of October and I am still waiting for reply. Any body in that situation . Is dere no specific time how lond they take ? I recevd cnfirmation by HO on 4 Nov. Bt no news after that. Its quite concerning. Any ideas ?
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

goodboy202001
Newly Registered

Post by goodboy202001 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:55 pm

All the best

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:56 pm

goodboy202001 wrote:All the best
Thank you, You too!

farzu23
Newly Registered

hi

Post by farzu23 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:44 pm

Hi,
Anyone got any good news?
anyone of you applied on 30th Oct and got passport back yet?
please let me know

kwezbaba
Newly Registered

Post by kwezbaba » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:46 pm

what happens if you're in the UK and your application is rejected after your visa expires??

i applied on the 24th and i got my passport beck with a rejection cos my resullts hadnt been confirmed.

sunshine11
BANNED

URGENT HELP NEEDED

Post by sunshine11 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:21 pm

URGENT HELP NEEDED

My friend aplied for PSW visa at end of oct 08 after finishing his PGdiploma and eagerly waiting for visa now the college is out dfes two days back so what are the possibilities can happen and what can he do for that. Is there any chance he will be refused/ declined to get psw, if so what can he do???

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE HELP SOME ONNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEE

goodboy202001
Newly Registered

Post by goodboy202001 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:31 am

I applied end of october , I hvnt recevd it yet. Its worrying me cos I hv to travel , Dnt knw wat to do ?

newjersey
Newly Registered

Processing Time Tier 1 (PSW)

Post by newjersey » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:14 am

Received my approved PSW visa (in passport) today. It came via signed-for post.

Application Posted: 27 October 2008
Application Recd by HO: 28 October 2008 (charged to credit card 30 Oct)
Got Ref number by post: 4 November 2008
Passport with visa received : 9 December 2008
(visa approval letter dated 27 Nov, there must be some hold up in mailing these things)

The time was exactly 6 weeks from when they received the application.

Documents sent: electronic bank statement- my bank would not write a letter to say the print-off was legitimate but they did stamp and sign the copy and attach a business card; letter from uni- my original certificate had been mailed to my home country around the same time as I applied for PSW visa so I did not have access to it; passport with student visa that expires 31 January 2009.

It is very stressful, especially around the holiday travel season, to be waiting for your passport. Good luck!

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Re: Processing Time Tier 1 (PSW)

Post by Diokpa » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:29 am

Thanks for this NJ, it does seem like they have a backlog around this time...my timeline is about the same as yours so I will be watching the post from today. Congrats.

newjersey wrote:Received my approved PSW visa (in passport) today. It came via signed-for post.

Application Posted: 27 October 2008
Application Recd by HO: 28 October 2008 (charged to credit card 30 Oct)
Got Ref number by post: 4 November 2008
Passport with visa received : 9 December 2008
(visa approval letter dated 27 Nov, there must be some hold up in mailing these things)

The time was exactly 6 weeks from when they received the application.

Documents sent: electronic bank statement- my bank would not write a letter to say the print-off was legitimate but they did stamp and sign the copy and attach a business card; letter from uni- my original certificate had been mailed to my home country around the same time as I applied for PSW visa so I did not have access to it; passport with student visa that expires 31 January 2009.

It is very stressful, especially around the holiday travel season, to be waiting for your passport. Good luck!

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:04 pm

goodboy202001 wrote:I applied end of october , I hvnt recevd it yet. Its worrying me cos I hv to travel , Dnt knw wat to do ?
Have you heard anything yet goodboy? Am also still waiting.

Jigool
Newly Registered

PSW waiting times

Post by Jigool » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:29 pm

Hello everyone,

Finally,I received my approved PSW 2 year visa (in passport) today.
Definitely give them a call,even if it is less that 6 weeks you applied,at least you might get an answer,mine has gone to my previous address.

Application Posted: 28 October 2008
Application Recd by HO: 02 Nov 2008 (charged to credit card 02 Nov)
Got Ref number by post: 4th November 2008 but dated 2 Nov 2008.
Passport received : 9 December 2008

The time is 6 weeks from the date of HO receiving application.

I got Visa for 2 years,but strangely my last visa ended 31st Oct and this one is starting from 18 Nov,there is a disconnection which might be a problem for ILR.

.By the way,I collect my Envelope from the post office and it was opened,was so worried,but it seems everything is there apart from a covering letter from HO,HAS ANYONE GOT A COVERING LETTER WITH THEIR RETURNED DOCUMENTS AND WHAT DOES IT SAY?

Good Luck to everyone,6 weeks should be your limit.Around 6 weeks give them a call.I was on hold for 22 minutes till I got a 2 minute answer.

They should set up an online service On H.O. website like Fedex,DHL, ... so at least we could track the progress of our application,If we pay £400 to any company,I'm sure they will set up a golden personalized service to all their customers.

They are ripping us off,honestly.

[/list]

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:26 pm

There is a covering letter, telling u to report to police again if u have to, can't have another PSW visa, public funds, cant train as a doctor blah-blah-yadda-yadda....

Standard really.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

goodboy202001
Newly Registered

Post by goodboy202001 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:37 pm

Hey Diopka,
Noo , i hvnt heard anything yet. Its really worryin me and i really dnt knw wat to do. I wanted to travel this month and now I m stuck . Dnt knw whther it is worth ringing and just ask wats the situation. Its written over their website that u can ring us if ur application is nt returned by 6 weeks Do u think its worth trying ? I m desperate for my passport and its pretty annoying how they are handling things. I can c on this forum sum people hv sent their passports in nov and hv already gt theirs back.
Wat u say ?

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:03 pm

goodboy202001 wrote:Hey Diopka,
Noo , i hvnt heard anything yet. Its really worryin me and i really dnt knw wat to do. I wanted to travel this month and now I m stuck . Dnt knw whther it is worth ringing and just ask wats the situation. Its written over their website that u can ring us if ur application is nt returned by 6 weeks Do u think its worth trying ? I m desperate for my passport and its pretty annoying how they are handling things. I can c on this forum sum people hv sent their passports in nov and hv already gt theirs back.
Wat u say ?
It's worth giving them a call since it's been 6 weeks this week, though every case is different and I think most of the cases sent in at the end of October are just coming back. I think we'll most likely get our passport back this week...But since you are travelling I think it's worth calling them to find out if there is any update. Good luck to us!

Jessica
Newly Registered

Post by Jessica » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:47 am

Application posted: 2nd Oct
Payment processed: 3rd Oct
Ref received: 5th Oct (letter dated 3rd Oct)
Passport received: 9th Dec
(visa issued 2nd Dec – visa approval letter also dated 2nd Dec)

visa student expired on 31st oct but there shud be no prob in the time lag as ive got the letter from HO to prove it was wiz them... sorry for so much details, someone from this thread asked abt this earlier

i was hoping to go abroad for xmas but with no passport, i had to contend myself with booking a holiday in uk itself! but at least, the passport is back!

mojila
Newly Registered

Post by mojila » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:24 am

Diokpa wrote:
goodboy202001 wrote:Hey Diopka,
Wat u say ?
It's worth giving them a call since it's been 6 weeks this week, though every case is different and I think most of the cases sent in at the end of October are just coming back. I think we'll most likely get our passport back this week...But since you are travelling I think it's worth calling them to find out if there is any update. Good luck to us!
Hello all,
I just joined the forum today. I have been going through it for quite a while now and has proved to be very helpful.
The HO received my application on the 24th of October,2008 still no reply.
Today I called them up early in the morning and they said that my application is on further verification(if i can remember the right words). What would that possibly mean? How long would it take now? I am so worried :(

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:44 am

Jessica - Congrats and am sure it has not been an easy wait...still waiting here also.

Mojila - I guess they need to verify your documents, don't think that should be scary cos at least it means someone is working on ur case and u'll be hearing from them pretty soon. Good luck mate.

mojila
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by mojila » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:06 am

Diokpa wrote:Jessica - Congrats and am sure it has not been an easy wait...still waiting here also.

Mojila - I guess they need to verify your documents, don't think that should be scary cos at least it means someone is working on ur case and u'll be hearing from them pretty soon. Good luck mate.
Thank you so much for those comforting lines.
All the best to you too!