ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for my wife

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bob0209
Newly Registered

ILR for my wife

Post by bob0209 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:43 am

My wife’s settlement visa is valid till 11th Feb 2009, she is eligible for her ILR by then, however I have a doubt after our baby was born she went to India for 91 days (exactly) this happened in the last 1 year and the total time she is out of the country in the last 1 year and 10 months is 93 days. Will this affect her ILR qualification?

I just don’t want to give £750/£950 to the Home office if the ILR gets rejected? There is no mention in the homeoffice website regarding the total number of days one can be out of UK (spouse).

Do you experts think that I should extend her visa or try for her ILR instead after all it’s a question of 1 day extra?

Thanks a ton in advance.

Bob

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:32 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.