ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries regarding Residency Proof and Rent Payment Documentation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mmssaa
India

Queries regarding Residency Proof and Rent Payment Documentation

Post by mmssaa » Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:23 pm

Hello everyone,

For Naturalisation process, I have a few questions related to Residency Proof and the required documentation for rent payment. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help clarify these queries:

1. Residency Proof: Will a daft.ie rent agreement be accepted as a valid Residency Proof?

2. Tenancy Registration: Is it mandatory for the tenancy to be registered with the TRB (Tenancy Registration Board)?

3. Rent Payment Documentation: Do I need to provide evidence of my monthly rent payments?

4. If yes, what specific documentation should I submit as proof of rent payments?

Thank you in advance for your assistance. I'm looking forward to receiving some insights and guidance regarding these matters.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Queries regarding Residency Proof and Rent Payment Documentation

Post by meself2 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:01 pm

mmssaa wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:23 pm
1. Residency Proof: Will a daft.ie rent agreement be accepted as a valid Residency Proof?
What would you mean by that? Did you have a proper legal agreement? Unsure how daft works in terms of facilitating that.
mmssaa wrote:
2. Tenancy Registration: Is it mandatory for the tenancy to be registered with the TRB (Tenancy Registration Board)?
In the previous scorecard it was stated as "Rent agreement / registered with the local authority/ AHB / PTB" - I would assume some sort of registration is required.
mmssaa wrote:
3. Rent Payment Documentation: Do I need to provide evidence of my monthly rent payments?

4. If yes, what specific documentation should I submit as proof of rent payments?
Once again, going off previous scorecard, they requested proof of 6 months' payment - I assume bank statements (which are also Type A proof) will do, where payments can be seen?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

mmssaa
India

Post by mmssaa » Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:50 pm

Regarding the daft.ie rent agreement, I believe I have a legitimate legal agreement in place. However, I'm unsure if it fulfills the requirements for Residency Proof. My landlord advertised the rental property on daft.ie, and when I signed the lease, I received a rent agreement through daft.ie. For more information about daft.ie's letting agreement, you can refer to this link: https://swiftcourt.com/en/how-to/daftie ... -agreement

1) Could you please check and let me know if that would suffice?

2) Also, my spouse joined me recently and there is no name of her in the rent agreement. Do I need to ask my landlord to provide a new rent agreement?

Omi00007
United Kingdom

Post by Omi00007 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:37 am

mmssaa wrote:
Hello everyone,

For Naturalisation process, I have a few questions related to Residency Proof and the required documentation for rent payment. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help clarify these queries:

Thank you in advance for your assistance. I'm looking forward to receiving some insights and guidance regarding these matters.
1 - daft.ie rent agreement should be accepted as valid residency proof

2 - This is no longer a requirement as per the latest Citizenship guidance document (link: https://www.irishimmigration.ie/wp-cont ... cument.pdf)

3 - This is also no longer required as per the latest Citizenship guidance document to reach the required 150 points score

4 - as above.

Omi00007
United Kingdom

Post by Omi00007 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:47 am

mmssaa wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:50 pm
Regarding the daft.ie rent agreement, I believe I have a legitimate legal agreement in place. However, I'm unsure if it fulfills the requirements for Residency Proof. My landlord advertised the rental property on daft.ie, and when I signed the lease, I received a rent agreement through daft.ie. For more information about daft.ie's letting agreement, you can refer to this link: https://swiftcourt.com/en/how-to/daftie ... -agreement

1) Could you please check and let me know if that would suffice?

2) Also, my spouse joined me recently and there is no name of her in the rent agreement. Do I need to ask my landlord to provide a new rent agreement?
1 - Yes - it should suffice.

2 - You should definitely ask your landlord to add your wife to the rent agreement (it'll be required in future if she also decides to apply for naturalisation), this is normally done by adding an addendum to the rent agreement OR your landlord could prefer to provide you a new contract all together, completely depends on your landlord's preference.

FYI - Since 04 April 2022 Landlords' are now required register their tenancies each year by law (link: https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/h ... a-tenancy/)
Since 4 April 2022, landlords have to register their tenancies annually. Tenancies must be registered every year, within a month of the date of when the tenancy began. If you are late registering a tenancy, late fees will apply. However, you do not have to pay late fees for certain tenancies at the moment, as there have been issues registering over the last few months. See Registration fees below for more information.