ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa from Bangladesh going to Sheffield

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

benjamintrevor
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Financial Documents for Housewife

Post by benjamintrevor » Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:16 am

I am seeking advice for my mom's visitor visa application to the UK. As a housewife financially dependent on my dad, she doesn't have a bank account or income trail. However, my maternal uncle in the UK will be sponsoring her trip.

The application form asks for personal expenses and planned spending but doesn't allow yo to put down zero. What should I do in this case and what documentation should I provide for the amount I provide? Can I mention that the amount comes from her husband?

Thank you for your time and kind consideration in answering my question.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Financial Documents for Housewife

Post by Ticktack » Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:09 pm

benjamintrevor wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:16 am
I am seeking advice for my mom's visitor visa application to the UK. As a housewife financially dependent on my dad, she doesn't have a bank account or income trail. However, my maternal uncle in the UK will be sponsoring her trip.

The application form asks for personal expenses and planned spending but doesn't allow yo to put down zero. What should I do in this case and what documentation should I provide for the amount I provide? Can I mention that the amount comes from her husband?

Thank you for your time and kind consideration in answering my question.
Yes you can say it comes from her husband. You would in turn be needing your dad's statements of account to back up her applications.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

benjamintrevor
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Visa from Bangladesh going to Sheffield

Post by benjamintrevor » Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:16 pm

My parents applied for a UK visitor visa from Bangladesh. Previously, for my relatives, the decisions were made in Delhi, India. Is it normal?

Today, we have received this email:
Your UK visa application has been received at the UKVI office in Sheffield.
Depending on which service you purchased, we aim to process:
All non-settlement visa applications within 15 working days
But, we have applied for visa on 27th June and they are saying it just arrived to Sheffield today and it'll take 15 days from now? According to UKVI, they should never take more than 15 working days, which should be up to 18th July.

But according to their new message it looks like it'll be after this month.

Please guide if I'm misunderstanding the timeline, also it worries me at it went to Sheffield. Does it signify any problem in the application? complexity?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visa from Bangladesh going to Sheffield

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:30 pm

Visitor visas are processed in Sheffield yes as far as I understand.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Visa from Bangladesh going to Sheffield

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:53 pm

benjamintrevor wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:16 pm
My parents applied for a UK visitor visa from Bangladesh. Previously, for my relatives, the decisions were made in Delhi, India. Is it normal?

Today, we have received this email:
Your UK visa application has been received at the UKVI office in Sheffield.
Depending on which service you purchased, we aim to process:
All non-settlement visa applications within 15 working days
But, we have applied for visa on 27th June and they are saying it just arrived to Sheffield today and it'll take 15 days from now? According to UKVI, they should never take more than 15 working days, which should be up to 18th July.

But according to their new message it looks like it'll be after this month.

Please guide if I'm misunderstanding the timeline, also it worries me at it went to Sheffield. Does it signify any problem in the application? No it does not signify a problem,
so far as i know for years its SHEFO i do see written on granted visit visas to UK including the one where decision was out next day
, complexity?