ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

which application? SW dependant extension when lead applying for ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pdog
Newly Registered
United States of America

which application? SW dependant extension when lead applying for ILR

Post by pdog » Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:20 pm

Hi all,
Our situation: I'm here on a 5-yr skilled worker visa, expiring at the end of next month. My partner is here as a PBS dependant (expiring on the same date). I'll be applying for ILR soon (27 days before my visa expires, super-priority). My Partner doesn't yet qualify for ILR, so she'll need to extend her dependent partner visa.

As best I could guess, she should apply via the link to "apply online as your partner inside the UK" found on https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... d-children. Is this correct?

I've attempted to begin filling out her application but am hitting roadblocks. There are questions referencing my application to work in the UK. Does this refer to my original application from 5 years ago for the Tier 2 (now skilled worker) or does this refer to my imminent ILR application. It asks what visa I applied for, yet doesn't give me the option of ILR-- the most relevant seems to be Skilled Worker. Similarly, it asks questions about my CoS including what time period it covers. This surely must refer to my original CoS? (which covers only til expiry of my current visa).

Finally, I have questions regarding the fact that my ILR application may still be pending and therefore my passport/BRP won't be yet available when she makes her submission.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: which application? SW dependant extension when lead applying for ILR

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:37 pm

The link has the correct application which is the 'skilled worker dependant'. All questions will be based on your status as a Skilled worker main applicant (not the settled status you are aiming for). Questions on the form are not trick questions, so answer them as they are. You get a CoS issued once, which is what you need to fill in.

Also note that NO physical document will be taken from you for ANY visa application, all documents are now digitally submitted :!:
Online applications, UKVCAS appointments & BRP queries - Read before you post
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

pdog
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: which application? SW dependant extension when lead applying for ILR

Post by pdog » Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:06 pm

Incredibly helpful. Thanks zimba!