ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Request Advice on ILR Application and Dependent Visa Extension

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hirennc
Newly Registered
India

Request Advice on ILR Application and Dependent Visa Extension

Post by hirennc » Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:59 am

Hello,
I am a Global Talent visa holder endorsed by Tech Nation under the exceptional talent route, preparing to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). My child is my dependent Our current visas, valid for three years, expire on 15th September, 2023, which is also when I become eligible for ILR. Please also note my partner is on a independent and separate GT - ART category visa holder and eligible for ILR in Sep 2025.
Given the 28-day window for ILR application and my child's visa extension, I am seeking guidance on:
1. The optimal sequence for these applications - should I apply for ILR first followed by my child's visa extension or can these be done simultaneously?
2. Ways to circumvent the potential issue of unavailability of priority services (excluding super priority), which might lead to extensive waiting times. I understand many people are not offered priority dates.
3. Any helpful links or resources for the application process.
Your advice would be invaluable. Thank you in advance.
Best regards, Thx