ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving during 21/2 yr family visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JustineJelali
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Education funding

Post by JustineJelali » Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:46 pm

My husband arrived in Scotland (I am a scottisj citizen and my husband is Tunisian on a spouse/partner visa for 2 1/2 years.
Can he apply for further or higher education or business gateway (business start up).funding even though his visa states no recourse to public funds?
I dont think education counts as public funds the same way that benefits do but I am unsure what rules to follow or who to ask?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Justine.

JustineJelali
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Moving during 21/2 yr family visa

Post by JustineJelali » Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:50 pm

My husband is from Tunisia and came here in January on a spouse/ family visa for 2 1/2 years.

We are considering apply for work in Quatar or Oman over the next few years and want to know what would happen at what stage. We dont want to lose our visa status and start again but would love to live in Qautar to develop our career for a year at least.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you so much
Justine.

secret.simon

Re: Moving during 21/2 yr family visa

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:42 pm

The No Recourse to Public Funds condition applies to specific funds.

Access to funding for Further or Higher Education varies across the four nations of the UK.

See the UKCISA website for more information; in particular Government Student Support and Scotland: fee status.

Re moving abroad, keep in mind that in order for your spouse to renew their spousal visa at the end of the 2.5 years initial period, they and/or you will need to show a combined annual income of at least £18,600 in the UK, and while the renewal application is in progress, they must be in the UK at leats fromo the date of submission till the date of grant of renewal.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.