ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting documents back without reference numbers

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

external_repeat
Newly Registered
England

Getting documents back without reference numbers

Post by external_repeat » Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:15 pm

Hi everyone,

In February I applied to register as a British citizen under Form ARD. Essentially there were unfair historical circumstances that prevented me from being registered as British when I was born.

I thought the Home Office would process my application quickly enough for me to travel in July, but I was wrong. So on June the 9th I started looking into getting my documents back.

But because I applied using Form ARD which requires you to post your documents to them without any electronic submission, I don't have a reference number. I never got one. I had the Royal Mail tracking number which I used to send my documents in, but I stupidly didn't save it. I didn't I'd need it to get my documents back.

So I've done the following:
Sent an email to NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk with all of my details (name, date of birth etc) requesting my documents back.
Posted an actual letter to the Home Office with the same information and request
Used the online cancellation form, providing my name, surname etc but no reference numbers as I don't have them (found this form yesterday only).

To this day I haven't heard anything back from the home office. No email replies other than the automated one and no letters.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? I'm very worried that I won't get my documents back in time for our travel, which is on the 10th of July. I need both my passport and BRP and home office has both.

Has anyone got any other ideas as to what I can do?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Getting documents back without reference numbers

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:44 pm

Lack idea if what you can do.
Applicants are not to make travel plans till they have decision

mfjp
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by mfjp » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:12 am

You could try this alternate email address for post application enquiries

FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:37 am

mfjp wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:12 am
You could try this alternate email address for post application enquiries

FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
This address won't work unless you remove the ".gsi" part.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.