ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Remote work for non-Irish base employer while on stamp 4, reckonable residence?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nomadlife
Newly Registered
Ireland

Remote work for non-Irish base employer while on stamp 4, reckonable residence?

Post by nomadlife » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:50 pm

Hi,
I'm on on stamp 4. I'm planning to look for remote work for non-Irish base employer (US).
1. Will it affect my renewal for the stamp 4?
2. After I have lived in Ireland for 5 years, I will apply for Irish naturalisation. Will I get rejected because I have been working for non-Irish base employer?

I'm worrying they will argue that I have job for non-Irish base employer, why do I need to renew stamp 4, or Irish naturalisation :?:

Thanks in advance.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Remote work for non-Irish base employer while on stamp 4, reckonable residence?

Post by meself2 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:17 am

What's the reason for you to have a Stamp 4?

I'd be adamant to ensure you're tax compliant, since for naturalisation they would wish to know whether your taxes are in order not (seems like they ask Revenue directly now) - I'd advise you to take it up with financial adviser.
For the immigration purposes, depends on the reason of you having a Stamp 4 - if you came here via STEP program, for example, which is made to create Irish startups, to work for a US employer, chances are your visa won't be extended.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Re: Remote work for non-Irish base employer while on stamp 4, reckonable residence?

Post by fuzzbizz » Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:30 am

Even if you were an Irish citizen you'd need to set up either your own company or an employer of record. In the latter case you're an employee of an Irish company who consults with the US company. I did this myself for the last 5 years, it was fine.