ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Royal Mail Returned my passport to HM Passport Office!!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

claraluh
United Kingdom

Royal Mail Returned my passport to HM Passport Office!!

Post by claraluh » Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:04 am

Hello Everyone,

We applied for my niece’s British Passport renew. It’s the first time renewing her passport. Everything was going ok, application was approved and documents were returned. They’ve returned the expired passport by TNT and the new one by Royal Mail. Royal Mail tried to deliver the passport on the 15th, nobody was home so we arranged to collect it from the local Post Office. On the 16th Royal Mail said the passport was not there and the driver was trying to deliver it again on that day. Then on the 17th received a message saying the package was being returned to sender as it hasn’t been collected.

We have called HM passport office and the lady just took the details and said they would get in contact in 48hours, which they haven’t.

Does anybody know what we should do now? Is there a number we can call? Or should we wait. The passport has been returned by Royal Mail to the sender on the 17th but until now there’s no updates on either websites.

P.S: We have holidays booked for the 18th July 😅

vinny

Re: Royal Mail Returned my passport to HM Passport Office!!

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:39 am

If they had returned it to sender, then I think they acted too quickly.
We’ll hold items for 18 days. If they’re not redelivered or collected in that time, we’ll return them to the sender.
Recheck with Royal Mail again?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:01 am

vinny wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:39 am
If they had returned it to sender, then I think they acted too quickly.
We’ll hold items for 18 days. If they’re not redelivered or collected in that time, we’ll return them to the sender.
Recheck with Royal Mail again?
Yes, That’s insane, as they first tried to deliver it on the 15th. Then on the 17th it shows as returned. My sister went there again on Monday 19th and they confirmed it had been returned, which I don’t know why, as we got confirmation of an arrange to collect straight from them by email.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:40 am

Gosh! Why did they disregard their own more reasonable policy?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:49 am

Updates:

So I have contacted HM Passports Office on Monday, and the passport has been returned indeed, they were gonna arrange a redelivery. 5 days have passed and no messages whatsoever, so I decided to call again but this time the agent couldn’t find any information. We have a trip booked for the 18th. In case the passport doesn’t arrive on time, would it be a problem to travel with her other nationality’s passport (which don’t require a visa to the Country we are travelling to) And the expired passport? (both have been received back. Will they ask many questions when returning to the Country? We can show proof of application and that it has been approved and she also has an expired British Passport already which we’ll be taking with us as well.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:56 pm

In order for you to be asked questions at the border, you first need to get to the border.
Do you need a visa on your niece's other passport to go to the UK?
Airlines might not let you board if yes - expired passport will unlikely be counted as a proof.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:07 pm

meself2 wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:56 pm
Do you need a visa on your niece's other passport to go to the UK?
No, She doesn’t need a visa to travel to UK or Europe with her other passport. She’ll be travelling with her mother who is also settled in the UK.