ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsorship licence

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Yombeh
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Sponsorship licence

Post by Yombeh » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:59 pm

Hi
I started a care agency fully registered and all in December 2022. I applied for a sponsorship licence and provided all documents. In March they wrote asking a couple of questions which I answered and last week I got invited to a compliance interview which lasted 2 hours. I was just wondering if there is anyone here who has been given a sponsorship licence after a compliance check . Any advice is welcome

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Sponsorship licence

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:44 pm

How long ago was the compliance visit? You would reasonably expect an outcome in about 2 to 3 weeks after the visit.

Not many license applications end up as refusals unless there are fairly significant issues. Minor omissions and poor practices are not likely to end is a refusal.

Yombeh
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Yombeh » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:53 am

Thank you so very much for your reply. My visit was 8 days ago. My worry is this. We only have 2 UK employees and waiting for our licence to have enough workers to start trading. We can’t operate a care agency with 2 carers. Do you think they can reject us because we are yet to start trading?

wrony13

Post by wrony13 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:06 am

interesting.would be great to know whats the outcome of it.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:44 pm

While there might be a bit of a credibility gap due to the lack of trading that in itself is not a barrier to being granted a licence.
As long as you were able to demonstrate the systems and processes to meet your Sponsorship Duties in the vast majority of cases the licence will be granted.

mowaid

Post by mowaid » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:50 am

Was that on site visit interview or over the phone ? I believe now a days its very rear on site visit mostly they do telephone interview if company is new operating less than a year. If company is old and doing its hr properly they mostly dont do interview or visits