ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving from UK to Republic of Ireland.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bajo85
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Moving from UK to Republic of Ireland.

Post by bajo85 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:44 am

Hi,
My wife and 4 children are British Citizens and I am on ILR. We want to move to Ireland. We are a large family and I am the sole breadwinner in our family thus we are on UC. I know moving to Ireland is not a problem for my family members because they are British Citizens. I want to know if there are any options for me. What visa should I apply? I know I cannot apply for spouse visa as we are receiving UC in the UK. Please suggest the most convenient option. Please advise. Thank you

meself2
Ireland

Re: Moving from UK to Republic of Ireland.

Post by meself2 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:13 am

As you're receiving benefits, there's no easy way for you to move, at least not the ones where you could be a spouse's dependant, as you rightly mentioned; plus, as your spouse (your would be sponsor) doesn't work, it'll be harder if not impossible to show she can provide enough for all the family members.
You'd have to find a permission for yourself and on your own merits, I'm afraid; for example, get an employer to sponsor you or move on a study visa to get a job afterwards.

Also keep in mind you would have to stay in Ireland for 8 years to receive status similar to ILR (Stamp 5, WCATT), but that status has to be renewed each time you renew a passport and may not be renewed if you're considered "an undue burden of the state", i.e. getting social welfare.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

tugii20
Ireland

Re: Moving from UK to Republic of Ireland.

Post by tugii20 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:13 am

Another big problem, IRELAND IS IN a housing crisis, consider that too