ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

E-Vetting Invitation & E-Vetting Process

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

E-Vetting Invitation & E-Vetting Process

Post by sairsint » Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:30 pm

On the back of the recent e-vetting invitations that were sent out (~13,000 on 22 May: Dail debate), I'm curious how many of us are still waiting for the e-vetting process to commence (i.e. email from Garda).

In addition to the volume of e-vetting invitations, the upcoming ceremony, summer holidays, etc. has probably caused things to slow down. As it's approaching one month since I have received and submitted the e-vetting invitation request, I wanted to know how many others were also still waiting to start the e-vetting process.

Palantir
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: E-Vetting Invitation & E-Vetting Process

Post by Palantir » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:06 pm

Any place with a half competent public service would have a simple system to make it automatic that once the "registration" email is replied to/filled in, the NVB email would automatically just send out. Unfortunately Ireland and the ISD are just a hotbed of incompetence, obfuscation, outright lies, opacity and sheer laziness. Hence situations where people who apply in 2023 are already going to the June Ceremony, and thousands from 2021 and 2022 are still awaiting e-vetting. Absolute muppet show!

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:51 pm

Palantir wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:06 pm
Any place with a half competent public service would have a simple system to make it automatic that once the "registration" email is replied to/filled in, the NVB email would automatically just send out.
That's two different departments and I guess they have to do some (manual) verification before firing that out, so not sure it's as easy as it sounds. It is possible, but Ireland has a long way to go.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

lxk
Ireland

Post by lxk » Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:19 pm

sairsint wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:30 pm
I wanted to know how many others were also still waiting to start the e-vetting process.
My e-vetting process started in March (I applied for naturalisation in May 2022) but appears to have stalled.
I suspect that the influx of vetting requests has knocked back my vetting application. Tracking shows no progress for over 5 weeks.
Many 2023 applicants have had their vetting applications submitted, allocated and progressed to completion in a lot less than 5 weeks.
I have emailed Citizenship E-Vetting asking them to investigate the delay but, needless to say, they have not answered.
Any suggestions as to what I can do?

Palantir
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Palantir » Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:21 pm

Complain to your local TD. Show them how the 2023 applications are being processed in a few short months, whilst 2021 and 2022 applicants in many cases haven't even reached e-vetting stage. Utter disgrace!!!

Palantir
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Palantir » Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:26 pm

You can open a bank account, credit card application, even get a replacement driver's licence all online in a matter of days to weeks without any manual checking. Ireland has First World taxes, with Third World services. The fact that banks are only open 10-16:00 Monday to Friday sums it up. Don't get me started on the "Public Service"! Disgraceful!
meself2 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:51 pm
Palantir wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:06 pm
Any place with a half competent public service would have a simple system to make it automatic that once the "registration" email is replied to/filled in, the NVB email would automatically just send out.
That's two different departments and I guess they have to do some (manual) verification before firing that out, so not sure it's as easy as it sounds. It is possible, but Ireland has a long way to go.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:33 pm

Palantir wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:21 pm
Complain to your local TD. Show them how the 2023 applications are being processed in a few short months, whilst 2021 and 2022 applicants in many cases haven't even reached e-vetting stage. Utter disgrace!!!
People have the right to do this, but if you read the link in my original post this was already addressed by the MFJ.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:36 pm

lxk wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:19 pm
sairsint wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:30 pm
I wanted to know how many others were also still waiting to start the e-vetting process.
My e-vetting process started in March (I applied for naturalisation in May 2022) but appears to have stalled.
I suspect that the influx of vetting requests has knocked back my vetting application. Tracking shows no progress for over 5 weeks.
Many 2023 applicants have had their vetting applications submitted, allocated and progressed to completion in a lot less than 5 weeks.
I have emailed Citizenship E-Vetting asking them to investigate the delay but, needless to say, they have not answered.
Any suggestions as to what I can do?
Tracking where? On the Garda vetting site? This would have nothing to do with the ISD. Have you tried contacting the vetting bureau?

lxk
Ireland

Post by lxk » Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:48 pm

sairsint wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:36 pm
Tracking where? On the Garda vetting site? This would have nothing to do with the ISD. Have you tried contacting the vetting bureau?
I phoned the vetting bureau but they told me that they won't communicate direct with applicants; only with the institution that made the application. So I was told to contact ISD and they have not replied to my email which I sent two weeks ago.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:56 am

lxk wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:48 pm
sairsint wrote:
I phoned the vetting bureau but they told me that they won't communicate direct with applicants; only with the institution that made the application. So I was told to contact ISD and they have not replied to my email which I sent two weeks ago.
That’s really unfortunate. From what I understand, the vetting process only takes 5-7 days, but it can take a month or so for the ISD to process it. Does it at least say it’s been viewed?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:35 am

sairsint wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:56 am
lxk wrote:
sairsint wrote:
That’s really unfortunate. From what I understand, the vetting process only takes 5-7 days, but it can take a month or so for the ISD to process it. Does it at least say it’s been viewed?
The vetting itself takes circa 2 weeks from the moment you get the application to the point Garda gives a disclosure, as far as I've seen. But yea, ISD first needs to refer you to ISD.
Garda doesn't know if it's been viewed or not - that's ISD workings. Garda will know when ISD passes on information that you submitted (eVetting form) to them.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

lxk
Ireland

Post by lxk » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:46 am

sairsint wrote:
lxk wrote:
sairsint wrote:
I received the vetting application email from INIS on 3rd May. I received a reply on the 4th which included the link to track progress at https://vetting.garda.ie/Track/

The last entry there is "4 May 23 - Application submitted to NVB for processing". No update since.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:47 am

lxk wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:46 am
sairsint wrote:
lxk wrote:
sairsint wrote:
I received the vetting application email from INIS on 3rd May. I received a reply on the 4th which included the link to track progress at https://vetting.garda.ie/Track/

The last entry there is "4 May 23 - Application submitted to NVB for processing". No update since.
I only had an update on the 13th day I think saying "In progress (NVB)" and they released disclosure to INIS the next day (viewed day after), so you're, probably, okay.

lxk
Ireland

Post by lxk » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:51 am

Palantir wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:21 pm
Thanks for the advice. I'll see how I get on with my TD.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:35 pm

The only shred of hope I have that all of us in the 2021/2 application group will complete naturalisation this year, is due to the new process they have in place. They already admitted (and we noticed them) going out of sequence for some 2023 applications to ensure this new process works as expected. So unless they want to continue to go out of sequence and break their own policy, they will likely need to push through all previous 2021/2 applications under this new process. Therefore I would imagine there is some internal pressure to make this happen.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:55 pm

I will ask here since it appears to be duplicative to my latest posting which is now locked:

Is anyone else that received the e-vetting invitation on 22 May still waiting for their Garda e-vetting link to start the process?

Seems there was 13,000 of us in that batch of invites, but it's been a month now and I want to know what the status is.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:59 pm

sairsint wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:55 pm
I will ask here since it appears to be duplicative to my latest posting which is now locked:

Is anyone else that received the e-vetting invitation on 22 May still waiting for their Garda e-vetting link to start the process?

Seems there was 13,000 of us in that batch of invites, but it's been a month now and I want to know what the status is.
They've taken money off me just now; most likely these two days all hands were put on the ceremony.
Timeline thread would be your best source of info when they start going forward.

suzanne167
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by suzanne167 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:35 am

sairsint wrote:

Hi, I'm still waiting for the Garda e-vetting link. A bit more than a month passed since I submitted the initial form online on ISD website.

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:06 am

You can contact citizenshipinfo@justice.ie
giving them the application number and date of birth

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:17 am

tugii20 wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:06 am
Have you actually had any luck with getting a response? It appears many people say they never hear back from them.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:37 am

meself2 wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:59 pm
sairsint wrote:

They've taken money off me just now; most likely these two days all hands were put on the ceremony.
Timeline thread would be your best source of info when they start going forward.
I do pay attention to the timelines, however, not everyone updates their status. That said, I have seen one person with a 22 May invitation already move on to the Garda e-vetting within two weeks of submission and are already past the disclosure viewed status, so I'm curious where others are. I'm thinking about making contact with the ISD, but don't want to if there are many others waiting as well. It just seems like over a month is a long time for this part of the process.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:15 am

sairsint wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:37 am
meself2 wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:59 pm
sairsint wrote:

I do pay attention to the timelines, however, not everyone updates their status. That said, I have seen one person with a 22 May invitation already move on to the Garda e-vetting within two weeks of submission and are already past the disclosure viewed status, so I'm curious where others are. I'm thinking about making contact with the ISD, but don't want to if there are many others waiting as well. It just seems like over a month is a long time for this part of the process.
Hopefully it will be in the near future, but as it stands now for 2021/22 applicants, people were waiting quite a while to get approval after eVetting (I got approval after about 2.5 months). They tend to not issue approvals unless there's a ceremony scheduled in the near future.

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:37 am

sairsint wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:17 am
tugii20 wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:06 am
Have you actually had any luck with getting a response? It appears many people say they never hear back from them.
yes
they asked me app no and d.ob

Balea
Ireland

Post by Balea » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:13 pm

sairsint wrote:

I got the email on May 22, completed required data, added copy of my passport and got an acknowledgment email couple of days later with an E-vetting Invitation EVET XXXXX number. Nothing else since then. Waiting for Garda e-vetting email to start the process....

larougastro
Newly Registered
Mood:
Spain

Post by larougastro » Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:05 pm

I had emailed them this week and this is the response I received.
Dear Sir/Madam,

Please be advised that you should be receiving an email to commence the e-vetting process in the coming weeks.

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 4