ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job Market for Chemical Engineer by February 09

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rafovid
Newly Registered

Job Market for Chemical Engineer by February 09

Post by rafovid » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:32 pm

Hi guys,

Please Chemical Engineers share experience about job opportunities in the field to get a job in UK .
Everybody knows that the market is slow, but how affected is the process industry. I will be happy even when a part time job.

thanks for your answers

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:34 am

Unless you are coming on a tier 1 or tier 2 shortage list role take it as read there are little or no work oppertunities in the UK for anyone.
If you are chancing your arm on a tier 1 do not expect any form of sucess. There are 10,000's of people being made redundent in the UK every month.

rafovid
Newly Registered

Post by rafovid » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:17 pm

Yes Frontier Mole,

Indeed, Chemical Engineering is included in the shortage list for Tier 2. on the other hand, I am a Tier 1 holder (approved two weeks ago) therefore I was planning to travel in the beginning of february, however is confusing all the bad news that comes from UK.

Anyhow, thanks for your reply.

Markie

Re: Job Market for Chemical Engineer by February 09

Post by Markie » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:03 pm

I suppose not so rosy for anyone coming into the battlefield as there are lots of able workers in the front - competing for a few spoils.

Manufacturing sector is down so not a very bright picture I might say
rafovid wrote:Hi guys,

Please Chemical Engineers share experience about job opportunities in the field to get a job in UK .
Everybody knows that the market is slow, but how affected is the process industry. I will be happy even when a part time job.

thanks for your answers