ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Section 4 and 5 Citizenship queries

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anrijscnl
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Section 4 and 5 Citizenship queries

Post by anrijscnl » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:25 pm

I am currently starting my process of becoming an Irish citizen (been here since 2006!), and just have a small query about Section 4 (of the normal citizenship form) and Section 5. How accurate do the dates have to be for the "Date From - Date To" sections? I know the years that I lived at my addresses, but unfortunately, I would have to dig around a bit for the days and months.

And for Section 5, our passports get taken away when we apply for a new one (Latvian), so I have no idea what my passport number would've been when I arrived here. How should I go around doing this part?

Any help would be much appreciated

meself2
Ireland

Re: Section 4 and 5 Citizenship queries

Post by meself2 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:53 pm

anrijscnl wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:25 pm
How accurate do the dates have to be for the "Date From - Date To" sections? I know the years that I lived at my addresses, but unfortunately, I would have to dig around a bit for the days and months.
Not sure how much ISD pays attention to this, but I'd say the more detail, the better. Keep in mind you only have to list your addresses for last 9 years, so I would hope that makes it easier for you to start with; down along the process you will have to list all your addresses for Garda vetting, so be prepared.
anrijscnl wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:25 pm
And for Section 5, our passports get taken away when we apply for a new one (Latvian), so I have no idea what my passport number would've been when I arrived here. How should I go around doing this part?
See if you have any copies/scans. If none available, well, I'd say state latest you remember and mention it in a cover letter.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Section 4 and 5 Citizenship queries

Post by littlerr » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:01 pm

They don’t need to be that accurate - nobody could really remember the exact date (or even month) after a few years of moving in and out.

If you have some old utility bills, and you plan to submit them as part of your application, just make sure the address on these bills are consistent with your stated addresses.