ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application - delivery of supporting documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gojo
Newly Registered
Armenia

Passport application - delivery of supporting documents

Post by gojo » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:35 pm

Hi,
The HM Passport Office (PO) sends an email telling the customer that the new passport will be transferred to their delivery supplier in the next few days. When it’s ready for delivery, the supplier will contact you with a tracking reference.
Does the HM PO send similar email for the delivery of the supporting documents? I would like to know about the delivery at least one day before. Otherwise, I have to track on the TNT web every day for 2 weeks. The TNT sends a SMS only on the delivery day in the morning.

matlau_2862
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Passport application - delivery of supporting documents

Post by matlau_2862 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:12 pm

I received an email from Royal Mail for my secured delivery of supporting documents return, and it has a tracking reference.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:38 pm

gojo wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:35 pm
Hi,
The HM Passport Office (PO) sends an email telling the customer that the new passport will be transferred to their delivery supplier in the next few days. When it’s ready for delivery, the supplier will contact you with a tracking reference.
Does the HM PO send similar email for the delivery of the supporting documents? I would like to know about the delivery at least one day before. Otherwise, I have to track on the TNT web every day for 2 weeks. The TNT sends a SMS only on the delivery day in the morning.
Both are just dropped in your letterbox anyways.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

gojo
Newly Registered
Armenia

Post by gojo » Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:27 pm

Thanks for the replies.
During the first delivery, the TNT's delivery driver rang my door's bell, called me, checked my name, gave me the envelope and then took the photo of the door as a prove of delivery. I think, if you have your own letterbox, they can drop the envelope in the letterbox. Here are the delivery options of the TNT, which probably are common for all suppliers:

"You do not need to be home for most passport deliveries, however there are some exceptions to this. Someone will need to be home to accept the item if the delivery is made to a:
1) Multiple occupancy building without direct access to your individual property
2) Property with a post box outside rather than a letterbox, which allows them to post over the threshold of your door;
3) Property where a gate/fence prevents access;
4) Property with no letterbox.
5) If the driver is not certain that the address is the one on the envelope.
6) If you have paid for your supporting documents to be returned by secure delivery and the item is too large to fit through your letterbox (for example, an unfolded A4 size documents)."

Cheers