ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch pre settled status to settled status by post

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ixeon659
Latvia

Switch pre settled status to settled status by post

Post by Ixeon659 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:02 am

Hi there, if I am a dual citizen and my wife in a non-EU with pre-settled status, does it mean she will have to apply for settled status by post? What if she tries to do it via app - will they refuse her in this case? We also have a child, who is an EU citizen and holds settled status - can this help her?

kamoe
European Union

Re: Switch pre settled status to settled status

Post by kamoe » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:25 pm

Ixeon659 wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:02 am
if I am a dual citizen and my wife in a non-EU with pre-settled status, does it mean she will have to apply for settled status by post?
That is what I said, yes. She calls and asks for a Lounes application; they'll ask her name as they have to pre-fill the name in the form for her. No idea why they do this, but that's the last I understood from people's experiences here. Judging from what the OP is saying that they are suggesting a postal application for their case, it does seem this has not changed.
What if she tries to do it via app - will they refuse her in this case?
They will refuse to process the application and ask her to submit by post. So not technically a refusal, but a delay.
We also have a child, who is an EU citizen and holds settled status - can this help her?
Nope.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Ixeon659
Latvia

Post by Ixeon659 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:30 pm

kamoe wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:25 pm

That is what I said, yes. She calls and asks for a Lounes application; they'll ask her name as they have to pre-fill the name in the form for her.
If it is a post form, how can we send some kind of evidences they might need? I.e. proofs of residence etc? We just need to send them copies along with the form or how does it work?

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by JB007 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:28 am

Ixeon659 wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:02 am
Hi there, if I am a dual citizen and my wife in a non-EU with pre-settled status, does it mean she will have to apply for settled status by post? What if she tries to do it via app - will they refuse her in this case? We also have a child, who is an EU citizen and holds settled status - can this help her?
Ixeon659 wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:30 pm
kamoe wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:25 pm

That is what I said, yes. She calls and asks for a Lounes application; they'll ask her name as they have to pre-fill the name in the form for her.
If it is a post form, how can we send some kind of evidences they might need? I.e. proofs of residence etc? We just need to send them copies along with the form or how does it work?
Please start your thread. It's confusing when you tag your questions onto a thread that belongs to somebody else (you are married and the opening poster is not) and it's considered to be rude towards the opening poster.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Switch pre settled status to settled status by post

Post by meself2 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:34 am

Topics split.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.