ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW Application refused, no appeal. Please advise

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kwezbaba
Newly Registered

PSW Application refused, no appeal. Please advise

Post by kwezbaba » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:29 am

I applied for a PSW visa before the 31st of october to take advantage of the transitional arrangements regarding maintenance but was refused because at the time, my results had not been published, even though i enclosed a letter from my university confirming that i had indeed completed my studies.

My results have now been published and i am preparing to reapply. Luckily, i left the £800 in my account but at the moment, it has been there for two months only and my visa will expire before it can reach three months.

If i apply now, i will probably be rejected but by the time this happens, i would have had £800 balance for the three months.

My question thus is; is there a maximum number of applications you can make and what exactly happens if you receive a rejection notice after your visa is expired?

kwezbaba
Newly Registered

Post by kwezbaba » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:44 pm

no one can help??

keikeichris

Re: PSW Application refused, no appeal. Please advise

Post by keikeichris » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:13 pm

kwezbaba wrote:I applied for a PSW visa before the 31st of october to take advantage of the transitional arrangements regarding maintenance but was refused because at the time, my results had not been published, even though i enclosed a letter from my university confirming that i had indeed completed my studies.

My results have now been published and i am preparing to reapply. Luckily, i left the £800 in my account but at the moment, it has been there for two months only and my visa will expire before it can reach three months.

If i apply now, i will probably be rejected but by the time this happens, i would have had £800 balance for the three months.

My question thus is; is there a maximum number of applications you can make and what exactly happens if you receive a rejection notice after your visa is expired?
Hi,

Basicly, there isnt a limit for applying PSW as far as I know (I applied twice and got rejected both time) in the letter from HO they stated that I could still apply it again with the right documents. But you have to have a VISA to be eligible to apply for PSW.

My first rejection (I still have my student VISA, thus reapply) Second rejection (my VISA expired, thus they've given me a chance to appeal or go back to my home country as my VISA expired) and during the process of appeal which you have to decide 10 days after you received your rejection letter from HO. You are allow to stay in the UK and wait for the appeal and decision. hope this help.. good luck

regards,
Chris

Md
Newly Registered

What if I got rejected and apply from back home

Post by Md » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:16 pm

Hi All

What if I got rejected and go back to my country and apply after three month. My situation is I am under IGS scheme at this moment and afraid of getting rejected for transition to PSW due to maintenance fund.

There is a rule for reapply for PSW scheme that I need to apply within 12 month of my certificate awarded. But unfortunately that is different for me as I have already got IGS and 12 moths have passed and want to get the extension by PSW.

Any Idea ? what should I do ?

keikeichris

Re: What if I got rejected and apply from back home

Post by keikeichris » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:15 am

Md wrote:Hi All

What if I got rejected and go back to my country and apply after three month. My situation is I am under IGS scheme at this moment and afraid of getting rejected for transition to PSW due to maintenance fund.

There is a rule for reapply for PSW scheme that I need to apply within 12 month of my certificate awarded. But unfortunately that is different for me as I have already got IGS and 12 moths have passed and want to get the extension by PSW.

Any Idea ? what should I do ?

I am pretty sure u can transit to PSW, it is best if u go on their website and have a look of the application detailsi

I thought is within 2 years after your graduated..not sure..!

Chris