ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - Undefined COS allocation timelines

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aa2016
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

PBS Visa Extension Query

Post by aa2016 » Tue May 23, 2023 6:17 am

My Tier 2( currently pbs) visa is going to expire in another 83 days. I am about to receive COS for an extension. How early I can submit the pbs extension visa application? Do I need to wait for 60 days before the current visa expiry?

aa2016
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: PBS Visa Extension Query

Post by aa2016 » Tue May 23, 2023 10:01 am

Any help would be really appreciated. My father is not well in my home country and I need to plan my travel based on how quickly I am applying and getting my visa. Also, am I restricted to travel outside the UK after the application? I have my current visa valid till mid of August. After the application am I allowed to go and come back before expiry? Any suggestions, please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 23, 2023 10:05 am

Pleasr respect that we are all unpaid volunteers here and you posted just after 5am!!

You can apply now.

You cannot travel once your apll>cation is submitted. If you do, it will be considered withdrawn.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aa2016
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by aa2016 » Tue May 23, 2023 10:16 am

Sorry for that. Am I restricted to travel before a decision under any circumstances? Is there a way I request the embassy or home office for some unavoidable circumstances after my application? I am asking just to check on the possibilities :(

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue May 23, 2023 10:19 am

aa2016 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 10:16 am
Sorry for that. Am I restricted to travel before a decision under any circumstances? Is there a way I request the embassy or home office for some unavoidable circumstances after my application? I am asking just to check on the possibilities :(
What you could do is travel before you apply, so you can lodge the application when you come back; just make sure you're back and submitted the application before your visa expires.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

aa2016
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by aa2016 » Tue May 23, 2023 10:50 am

Thank you so much for your suggestion

aa2016
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by aa2016 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:26 pm

This is related to my previous post. My employer agreed to sponsor me for only 2 years. They will submit my application via a solicitor. I don't want to include my dependents with my application since I need to pay solicitor fees for them. My query is will there be any challenges if I submit my dependent's visa application separately after my visa application submission immediately before my decision?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:15 pm

aa2016 wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:26 pm
This is related to my previous post. My employer agreed to sponsor me for only 2 years. They will submit my application via a solicitor. I don't want to include my dependents with my application since I need to pay solicitor fees for them. My query is will there be any challenges if I submit my dependent's visa application separately after my visa application submission immediately before my decision?
No

aa2016
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Urgent - Undefined COS allocation timelines

Post by aa2016 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:46 pm

My PBS visa is going to expire on Aug 14 2023 and is due for an extension. My employer has applied for an increase in Undefined COS allocation 2 weeks before but still not got it. I was reading through many forum and it was mentioned it will take up to 18 weeks. I am worried about getting COS before expiry which us 31 July. I checked with my employer and they are saying they cannot go with the priority type for COS increase request with their current licence type. Has anyone recently faced this situation and could you please tell me the recent timeline it took getting undefined COS allocation?

aa2016
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent - Undefined COS allocation timelines

Post by aa2016 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:56 pm

Is this applicable to the COS extension too? I am really worried of my extension due to this Cos increase request

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:10 pm

As far as I know, there is no need for a new CoS for an extension. You are assigned a CoS once
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:26 pm

zimba wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:10 pm
As far as I know, there is no need for a new CoS for an extension. You are assigned a CoS once
This is not correct. The OP needs a new CoS from the sponsor for a visa extension. The original CoS would have only been issued and assigned for a fix period. Shortly before that period ends, a new CoS must be issued and assigned for the migrant to apply for their visa extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:40 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:26 pm
zimba wrote:
This is not correct. The OP needs a new CoS from the sponsor for a visa extension. The original CoS would have only been issued and assigned for a fix period. Shortly before that period ends, a new CoS must be issued and assigned for the migrant to apply for their visa extension.
Thanks for the info. I think I was mixing it up with the ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

aa2016
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by aa2016 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:26 pm
zimba wrote:
Thanks for the clarification CR001. What will be the impact if I didn't get COS before expiry? Am I allowed to work while I am waiting for COS? Also am I allowed to stay in UK while it's in progress for few days after visa expiry?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:14 pm

What will be the impact if I didn't get COS before expiry?
If your visa expires, you become an overstayer.
Am I allowed to work while I am waiting for COS?

No, you are not permitted to work once your visa expires if you have not made and paid for an online application.
Also am I allowed to stay in UK while it's in progress for few days after visa expiry?
You become an overstayer, not allowed to work, use the NHS or rent.
My PBS visa is going to expire on Aug 14 2023 and is due for an extension. My employer has applied for an increase in Undefined COS allocation 2 weeks before but still not got it. I was reading through many forum and it was mentioned it will take up to 18 weeks. I am worried about getting COS before expiry which us 31 July.
It is your visa EXPIRY date that is relevant. You must have a new CoS and submit an application on or before your visa expires.
I checked with my employer and they are saying they cannot go with the priority type for COS increase request with their current licence type.
Unsure why your employer believes they can't use the priority service. Maybe they do not want to pay the fee if accepted or they have tried and been unsuccessful in getting priority.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aa2016
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by aa2016 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:14 pm
What will be the impact if I didn't get COS before expiry?
If your visa expires, you become an overstayer.
Am I allowed to work while I am waiting for COS?

No, you are not permitted to work once your visa expires if you have not made and paid for an online application.
Also am I allowed to stay in UK while it's in progress for few days after visa expiry?
You become an overstayer, not allowed to work, use the NHS or rent.
My PBS visa is going to expire on Aug 14 2023 and is due for an extension. My employer has applied for an increase in Undefined COS allocation 2 weeks before but still not got it. I was reading through many forum and it was mentioned it will take up to 18 weeks. I am worried about getting COS before expiry which us 31 July.
It is your visa EXPIRY date that is relevant. You must have a new CoS and submit an application on or before your visa expires.
I checked with my employer and they are saying they cannot go with the priority type for COS increase request with their current licence type.
Unsure why your employer believes they can't use the priority service. Maybe they do not want to pay the fee if accepted or they have tried and been unsuccessful in getting priority.
Thanks a lot again for your suggestions. It was really helpful. I will again check with my Employer regarding the use of priority service. I have a couple of queries when getting COS after my Visa expiry
1. Can I use the same COS and process it from my Home country for a Visa extension if I travel back to my home country and wait for the COS? Will there be any challenge?
2. Will there be any change in the ILR clock in the above case?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:37 pm

aa2016 wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:29 pm
1. Can I use the same COS and process it from my Home country for a Visa extension if I travel back to my home country and wait for the COS? Will there be any challenge?
I might be incorrect, but there are two different types of CoS - undefined and defined. One of them is needed if you want to apply for someone outside UK; another one is to be used from within UK.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/employing-s ... ponsorship
You must make sure you assign the correct CoS type.

There are 2 types of CoS:

‘Defined’ CoS: these are for Skilled Workers applying for entry clearance (a visa) from outside the UK
‘Undefined’ CoS – these are:
CoS assigned to Skilled Workers applying for permission to stay from within the UK
CoS assigned to workers on all other routes, whether applying for entry clearance, permission to enter or permission to stay
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:15 pm

Yes, but only if the employer has a Defined CoS to assign to you.
No, provided you leave with a valid visa and return within 180 days with a new visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aa2016
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by aa2016 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:28 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:15 pm
No, provided you leave with a valid visa and return within 180 days with a new visa.
Thank you so much again. Is there any challenge to providing a defined COS from the employer end with the same licence if I go back to my home country? Just to let you know they are holding an A-rated skilled worker license.

aa2016
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by aa2016 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:48 am

One more urgent clarification. As my employer applied for cos increase in normal way before 3 weeks to increase COS allication, if they need to go for priority, do they need to cancel the previous request and send mail for priority at 9? I am worried because priority service is based on luck and if they cancelled previous request it will surely affect my timeline which is already at risk?

aa2016
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by aa2016 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:25 pm

Hi CR001/Others,

Could anyone clarify whether the priority is totally different request or it is something on top of the existing request sent by mentioning the normal request date in the priority request form? Kindly help me with this so that I will ask my employer to give it a try tomorrow morning

aa2016
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by aa2016 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:09 am

CR001 wrote:
My employer trying priority many times but no luck. If I ask my employer to generate defined COS now itself and travel to my home country and apply and come back with that before current COS expiry. Is that valid or they need to wait till current COS expiry or something else?

aa2016
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by aa2016 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:12 pm

aa2016 wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:09 am
CR001 wrote:
My employer trying priority many times but no luck. If I ask my employer to generate defined COS now itself and travel to my home country and apply and come back with that before current COS expiry. Is that valid or they need to wait till current COS expiry or something else?
Any advice on this please?