ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Coachman
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Coachman » Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:05 pm

Final post: Best wishes to all.

Application date: 16 July 22
Documents received: 18 Aug 22
Address clarification email: 19 May 23
Congrats email: 20 June 2023
Cert received in US: 27 June 2023

TayBluetooth
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by TayBluetooth » Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:49 pm

Hi there,

Does anybody have any idea at all how big the backlog is for missing documents?

Been waiting 3 months and heard nothing back at all.

ESCJack
Newly Registered
Malta

Post by ESCJack » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:20 pm

TayBluetooth wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:49 pm
Hi there,

About a 4-6 month wait apparantly atm from what I've read on here :(

Ozzy1986
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Ozzy1986 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:58 am

TayBluetooth wrote:
Hi there,

I sent my additional documents in December 2022. I have heard nothing since.

stateoscar660
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by stateoscar660 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:24 am

Thought I’d update you all on my timeline - just received my congrats email yesterday! Thank you to everyone here for keeping me sane whilst I was waiting! So happy that mine was able to be turned around much sooner than I initially thought.

Application submitted: 17/08/2022
Documents received: 08/09/2022
Address confirmation: 06/06/2023
Congratulations email: 27/06/2023
Received certificate: TBA

Will update once I have certificate in hand. So happy to be Irish!

TayBluetooth
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by TayBluetooth » Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:33 pm

Ozzy1986 wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:58 am
TayBluetooth wrote:
Hi there,

Just got this email here after asking about the document -

"Hi xxxx

I so sorry I have checked your file again and the death cert has been received but it is not with me as yet. I missed the note on the file last time I looked sorry. At least we know it got here. As I said before we are currently experiencing large volumes of post for incomplete applications. Additional documents are being registered and merged to their corresponding files in order of date received before being sent forward for entitlement checking. Please be assured that once I get the requested documents back to my desk for checking, I will be in touch"

Very frustrating indeed.

rgaines3
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by rgaines3 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:50 pm

Does it seem to anyone else that the FBR approvals for docs received in Sep 2022 has slowed down a bit? From what I can tell, not many (if anyone) has received any contact regarding applications for which docs were received in the 2nd half of Sep 2022. Mine were received on 11 Oct 2022, so I'm getting anxious!

23inred
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by 23inred » Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:14 pm

Yes just heard on Tuesday.

Application submitted: 19/08/2022
Documents received: 21/09/2022
Address Check: 27/06/2023

EK29259
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by EK29259 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:40 am

Hey, just wondering how long it was taking the fbr to check through additional docs sent if anyone has experience of a approved application post sending in additional docs. I sent my additional docs in on 24/03/2023 with my original application being sent 13/04/2022 and was told there was a 3 month wait from when I last enquired however it is now over 3 months and just wondering if it is currently taking them longer? If anyone has experience with sending in additional docs any info would be great!

ESCJack
Newly Registered
Malta

Post by ESCJack » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:12 am

rgaines3 wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:50 pm
Does it seem to anyone else that the FBR approvals for docs received in Sep 2022 has slowed down a bit? From what I can tell, not many (if anyone) has received any contact regarding applications for which docs were received in the 2nd half of Sep 2022. Mine were received on 11 Oct 2022, so I'm getting anxious!
Yeah I think it has a little bit.. probably due to the summer rush for passports ? :|

ferocious12

Post by ferocious12 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:01 am

23inred wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:14 pm
Yes just heard on Tuesday.

Application submitted: 19/08/2022
Documents received: 21/09/2022
Address Check: 27/06/2023

Congratulations ! on what basis did you apply, based on your parents / grand parents?

Is there any email to follow up on the application? I applied for my daughter and documents were received on 8 Sep 2022. No response yet

Ozzy1986
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Ozzy1986 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:29 am

TayBluetooth wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:33 pm
Ozzy1986 wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:58 am
TayBluetooth wrote:
Hi there,

Just got this email here after asking about the document -

"Hi xxxx

I so sorry I have checked your file again and the death cert has been received but it is not with me as yet. I missed the note on the file last time I looked sorry. At least we know it got here. As I said before we are currently experiencing large volumes of post for incomplete applications. Additional documents are being registered and merged to their corresponding files in order of date received before being sent forward for entitlement checking. Please be assured that once I get the requested documents back to my desk for checking, I will be in touch"

Very frustrating indeed.
Thanks for that. Who did you contact? The email address that the person dealing with my application (fbrclarification@dfa.ie) no longer works.

AlexBrecks
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by AlexBrecks » Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:37 pm

Hello!

Wondering if anybody has experience with an expedited application for FBR entry AND first passport for a child born abroad.

I am an Irish citizen through entry to the FBR. As I understand that means my children will also have to register on the FBR *before* they can then apply for an Irish passport, in a process that could take about a year or so.

Just interested if anybody has any experience with expediting FBR/passport applications for newborns. It would save a lot of travel and visa bureaucracy if we could get them an Irish passport straight away!

Thanks in advance!

danielg003
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by danielg003 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:15 pm

I believe the expedited process is meant for people who are going to be having children soon so that their children can also be irish citizens through the foreign births register. It's not just for people who want to get it done quicker.
AlexBrecks wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:37 pm
Hello!

Wondering if anybody has experience with an expedited application for FBR entry AND first passport for a child born abroad.

I am an Irish citizen through entry to the FBR. As I understand that means my children will also have to register on the FBR *before* they can then apply for an Irish passport, in a process that could take about a year or so.

Just interested if anybody has any experience with expediting FBR/passport applications for newborns. It would save a lot of travel and visa bureaucracy if we could get them an Irish passport straight away!

Thanks in advance!

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:24 pm

Either that (if someone is pregnant) or in case the child is not entitled to any other citizenship by birth and is born abroad (ie both parents are naturalised Irish citizens), so child won't be stateless.
AlexBrecks wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:37 pm
It would save a lot of travel and visa bureaucracy if we could get them an Irish passport straight away!
It would save us all time and bureaucracy.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

TrishMc
United States of America

Post by TrishMc » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:58 pm

Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 9:41 am
boardupdate wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 2:02 pm
okcomputer wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 1:07 pm
It’s great reading about all the approvals. Thanks to everyone for posting their timelines. It really helps the newbies like me. I notice most people were asked for more docs along the way. Does anyone get through without a request for more docs or are they really picky about everything? They could probably make the checklists a bit clearer imho.
My FBR application was just under 11 months from them receiving my documents to me receiving my certificate. Mine was a straightforward application and I had all relevant documents. Getting my passport seems to be a bit trickier as they are definitely being picky (see above).
Nice to see at least some folks getting back to pre-Covid and pre Brexit timelines of under a year! Congrats!
@DaltonTrumbo, thanks for all your support through the years. I appied for my FBR in April 2020 and received my passport yesterday. This board and the first time passport applications one have been a god-send in keeping me, and, I expect, many, people sane during this journey. Slainte!
Attachments
PAM-IrelandPassportCover.jpeg
PAM-IrelandPassportCover.jpeg (663.57 KiB) Viewed 2867 times

Mermaid10
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Mermaid10 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:34 pm

Hi everyone

This has been so useful to see everyone’s progress so here’s mine so far;

Applications for my two children received 13/09/22
Address confirmation email 13/06/23
Congrats email 03/07/23

Just in case anyone else has had this worry - I had the address check email from a specific person in team 2 but from the generic fbr entitlement processing email address, which I replied to immediately as requested. I got an automated reply saying that this email address was for outbound queries only so I did get worried when I hadn’t heard anything for a few weeks despite knowing from this board that the address check seems to now come at the beginning of the whole application process these days.

Called the dfa and they confirmed the automated reply is normal and doesn’t mean your email hasn’t been received.

Now waiting for the certs so we can get going with the passports but I’m thrilled this has all happened about a year sooner than I had expected!

Tickets
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Tickets » Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:51 pm

Can anybody tell me how long it will take to get my passport once I have done online application and sent my supporting documents

Hurley808
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Hurley808 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:38 pm

I recently got ADD Clarification email on 20/06/2023 from fbrentitlementprocessing@dfa.ie and immediately responded but there wasn’t any other email after I sent it in, did they not get my email? And Is Address clarification different from a address confirmation?
Mermaid10 wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:34 pm
Hi everyone

Congrats email 03/07/23

Just in case anyone else has had this worry - I had the address check email from a specific person in team 2 but from the generic fbr entitlement processing email address, which I replied to immediately as requested. I got an automated reply saying that this email address was for outbound queries only so I did get worried when I hadn’t heard anything for a few weeks despite knowing from this board that the address check seems to now come at the beginning of the whole application process these days.

Called the dfa and they confirmed the automated reply is normal and doesn’t mean your email hasn’t been received.

Now waiting for the certs so we can get going with the passports but I’m thrilled this has all happened about a year sooner than I had expected!

Mermaid10
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Mermaid10 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:45 pm

Hurley808 wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:38 pm
I recently got ADD Clarification email on 20/06/2023 from fbrentitlementprocessing@dfa.ie and immediately responded but there wasn’t any other email after I sent it in, did they not get my email? And Is Address clarification different from a address confirmation?
Mermaid10 wrote:
Hi everyone

Congrats email 03/07/23

Hi yes it was an email asking me to confirm that I was still at the same address. I was also hoping to hear back after I confirmed that my address was the same but never heard a thing. No news seems to be good news. Congrats email today was a huge relief!

ferocious12

Post by ferocious12 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:08 am

Congratulations! docs for my child were received on 8 Sep 2022. Still no word from them. Is there anyway to follow up my case e.g. email or phone? Thanks

Mermaid10 wrote:
Hi everyone

Congrats email 03/07/23

alexkean1986
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by alexkean1986 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:31 pm

Good Day.

Please can someone help me? I accidently deleted a lot of emails so have no idea if i deleted an important email regarding my application. Who do I email?
Thanks in advance for any help :)

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:06 am

TrishMc wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:58 pm
Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 9:41 am
boardupdate wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 2:02 pm
okcomputer wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 1:07 pm
It’s great reading about all the approvals. Thanks to everyone for posting their timelines. It really helps the newbies like me. I notice most people were asked for more docs along the way. Does anyone get through without a request for more docs or are they really picky about everything? They could probably make the checklists a bit clearer imho.
My FBR application was just under 11 months from them receiving my documents to me receiving my certificate. Mine was a straightforward application and I had all relevant documents. Getting my passport seems to be a bit trickier as they are definitely being picky (see above).
Nice to see at least some folks getting back to pre-Covid and pre Brexit timelines of under a year! Congrats!
@DaltonTrumbo, thanks for all your support through the years. I appied for my FBR in April 2020 and received my passport yesterday. This board and the first time passport applications one have been a god-send in keeping me, and, I expect, many, people sane during this journey. Slainte!
Congrats! a fellow Covid era applicant! Wow, that was a long journey for all of us, and especially for you. Glad you made it!

ESCJack
Newly Registered
Malta

Post by ESCJack » Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:24 pm

I’ve had my address check !!! 🥳

Applied online - 15 Sept 2022
Documents received - 23 Sept 2022
Address check email - 5 July 2023

Got everything crossed this is a good sign and no further documents will be required!

ferocious12

Post by ferocious12 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:12 pm

ESCJack wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:24 pm
I’ve had my address check !!! 🥳

Applied online - 15 Sept 2022
Documents received - 23 Sept 2022
Address check email - 5 July 2023

Got everything crossed this is a good sign and no further documents will be required!
Hi congratulations ! on what basis did you apply?