ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Travel pending ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thekryptonite666
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Urgent Travel pending ILR application

Post by thekryptonite666 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:24 pm

Hi all - I had applied for an ILR - SET M route in early May and haven’t heard back. I need to travel outside the country urgently.

If I were to travel outside the country for a month. Hopefully my application would be approved by then.

Anyone tried this ? I’m assuming Home Office would only check this upon re entry to UK ? Would I be able to re-enter using my old dependent partner BRP ?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent Travel pending ILR application

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:27 pm

thekryptonite666 wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:24 pm
Hi all - I had applied for an ILR - SET M route in early May and haven’t heard back. I need to travel outside the country urgently.

If I were to travel outside the country for a month. Hopefully my application would be approved by then.

Anyone tried this ? I’m assuming Home Office would only check this upon re entry to UK ? Would I be able to re-enter using my old dependent partner BRP ?
Upon leaving the UK, your applications will be considered automatically withdrawn as per paragraph 34K of the immigration rules
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

thekryptonite666
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by thekryptonite666 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:30 pm

But how would the Home office automatically invalidate the application and how would they know.

Wouldn’t the invalidation happen at the point of re entry when you attempt to enter ?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:51 pm

thekryptonite666 wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:30 pm
But how would the Home office automatically invalidate the application and how would they know.

Wouldn’t the invalidation happen at the point of re entry when you attempt to enter ?
Digital exit checks using Airline and carrier data.
I suggest not running with 'they would not know I'm going to be ok' line of thought.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... xit-checks
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice