ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is NSGV

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hugh12
Newly Registered
England

ILR letters

Post by Hugh12 » Tue May 30, 2023 1:26 am

Hi thank ypu for all your help. This forum has really been a great help. My wife has her application for ILR coming up. She passed her life in uk test(and now knows more about England than i do). But we have to provide letters for the last 2.5 years. For half that 2.5 years we were at my parents so don't have many letters for that part. She has enough but my letters but I only have around 2 letters for that year or so as we were at my parents. Would that be enough over a year, just a couple of letters. The second half we moved out so have bills in our name so not a problem. Thank you for all your help.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR letters

Post by zimba » Tue May 30, 2023 12:07 pm

There is no specific cohabitation evidentiary requirement under the rules. Provide whatever you have
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR letters

Post by AmazonianX » Wed May 31, 2023 5:44 am

Hugh12 wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 1:26 am
Hi thank ypu for all your help. This forum has really been a great help. My wife has her application for ILR coming up. She passed her life in uk test(and now knows more about England than i do). But we have to provide letters for the last 2.5 years. For half that 2.5 years we were at my parents so don't have many letters for that part. She has enough but my letters but I only have around 2 letters for that year or so as we were at my parents. Would that be enough over a year, just a couple of letters. The second half we moved out so have bills in our name so not a problem. Thank you for all your help.
You only need to provide this for last 2 years. Nothing that nearly any form of letter having your name on it can be used, therefore check online subscriptions, letters sent to you by mail and get as many as you can.
You can only provide what you have.

Hugh12
Newly Registered
England

Lost ielts b1

Post by Hugh12 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:55 am

Hi everyone,

So I have been getting documents ready for my wife's indefinite leave to remain visa. I can't seem to find her ielts certificate. When she took her ielts the person said she is better skipping the A2 and doing the B2 so she can use it for her 2.5 year visa and idr visa. I was wondering if they would have that on file for my wife as we already used the b2 results for her 2.5 year application. If not what would I have to do as they don't issue replacements?

As always, thank you for your help.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Lost ielts b1

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:07 pm

Hugh12 wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:55 am
Hi everyone,

So I have been getting documents ready for my wife's indefinite leave to remain visa. I can't seem to find her ielts certificate. When she took her ielts the person said she is better skipping the A2 and doing the B2 so she can use it for her 2.5 year visa and idr visa. I was wondering if they would have that on file for my wife as we already used the b2 results for her 2.5 year application. If not what would I have to do as they don't issue replacements?

As always, thank you for your help.
If you have a scanned copy of said certificate you can upload it as originals not required for the application. Furthermore the burden of proof is on you to provide it even if HO has it on file you have still got to present something.
Otherwise I am afraid she will have to get another English test done and if that the option get it done in good time for the application.

joolze
Newly Registered

Re: Lost ielts b1

Post by joolze » Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:18 pm

You could check your e-mail account for the relevant pass confirmation from the exam body.
These, almost always include the Unique Electronic Reference Number which could be used in lieu of the certificate.

Hugh12
Newly Registered
England

CIS self employed

Post by Hugh12 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:48 pm

Hi all again.

I was wondering what would be the best thing to do. My wife is applying for her Indefinite leave to remain soon and last application, leave to remain, we used my CIS self employment income as salaried income. Is it better to do it this way or show the last 2 years of my income. Or is there no difference?

Thanks again

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: CIS self employed

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:53 pm

Hugh12 wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:48 pm
Hi all again.

I was wondering what would be the best thing to do. My wife is applying for her Indefinite leave to remain soon and last application, leave to remain, we used my CIS self employment income as salaried income. Is it better to do it this way or show the last 2 years of my income. Or is there no difference?

Thanks again
Have you read the guide ? https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... rement.pdf

Self-employed income is NOT the same as salaried employment. :!:
Self-employment income means she should qualify under category F or G.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Hugh12
Newly Registered
England

Post by Hugh12 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:10 am

Hi thanks for the reply.

On page 31 second paragraph is says I can use CIS income as salaried income. So I would need 6 months cis payment slips. I'm a subcontractor and my tax is taken by the contractors that employ me. Thank you again

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:34 am

In that case, you need to provide evidence as per 'Salaried and non-salaried employment – specified evidence' section on the guide

Hugh12
Newly Registered
England

ILR form

Post by Hugh12 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:38 pm

Hi

I'm filling out the online application for ILR. I came across a question asking if my wife has any refused visas. She has had a couple refused many years ago but can't remember why as her employer, at the time, dealt with it. What would I put on this question?

Thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR form

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:46 am

Hugh12 wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:38 pm
Hi

I'm filling out the online application for ILR. I came across a question asking if my wife has any refused visas. She has had a couple refused many years ago but can't remember why as her employer, at the time, dealt with it. What would I put on this question?

Thank you
How have you answered same questions in previous applications preceeding this? Provide what details you can remember, just ensure you declare it.

Hugh12
Newly Registered
England

Post by Hugh12 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:51 am

Hi there

We declared them in previous applications but cannot remember the reasons. They are in her passports so have the dates but no reasons. On the question it asks for a reason.

Thanks for the reply.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:52 am

Hugh12 wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:51 am
Hi there

We declared them in previous applications but cannot remember the reasons. They are in her passports so have the dates but no reasons. On the question it asks for a reason.

Thanks for the reply.
Check if you can find pdf copy of previous forms you filled.
If not provide as much details as can be recalled.

Hugh12
Newly Registered
England

What is NSGV

Post by Hugh12 » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:57 pm

Hi again

I found my wife's first application, done by an immigration expert. So she has been refused visas in the past . The immigration expert put NSGV for the reason for refusal, I was wondering what that stands for?

Thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: What is NSGV

Post by zimba » Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:40 pm

Hugh12 wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:57 pm
Hi again

I found my wife's first application, done by an immigration expert. So she has been refused visas in the past . The immigration expert put NSGV for the reason for refusal, I was wondering what that stands for?

Thank you
Please DO NOT start a new post for each query on this ILR application. Stick to this thread only. :!:
Who knows what the so-called expert put down. There is no such acronym in the rules as far as I know