ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding IT forms.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

niranhopper
Newly Registered

Regarding IT forms.

Post by niranhopper » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:08 am

Hi,
i am applying for VISA on 11th. when i enquired at the VFS office (chennai) and the toll free number, they insisted that i need to submit my Form 16s and returns forms..

Eventhough i have 2 proofs (salary slips & bank statements) they kept repeating that i need to submit my tax documents also for the last 3 years.

I have already sumitted my original Form 16s to the Indian IT dept. i have only the photocopies which cannot be considered as original documents. i do not have the IT return forms either.

can i submit the duplicates as supporting evidence? for people who have submitted the form 16s, please let me know how i can get the original copies? will my application be processed without the Form 16s?

R053992

Post by R053992 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:15 am

Hi Niran,

Have you considered another point - what document/evidence are you going to submit to prove that you have been paying taxes since April 2008 ?

Sid

niranhopper
Newly Registered

Post by niranhopper » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:26 am

Yes.. logically makes no sense.. but the VFS offce and their hotline keep insisting that i need to submit. They are not accepting it as an optional document reference..

R053992

Post by R053992 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:45 am

The VFS is trying to help you in this case. Your application may get refused if you do not submit tax documents for atleast the previous earnings period.

BHC tries to verify your earnings from two sources. Documents from employer's end(payslips, letter) and bank statements which tallies with each of your salary payouts. Tax documents are a third source of evidence. It is best to provide tax documents as per BHC specifications too. In your case you can submit your IT return for financial year ending on 31-mar-08 AND a letter from your employer confirming TDS deducted for payment to government for the current financial year, i.e, since April 2008. I did the same. If the employer does not provide this letter then you also have the option of getting such a letter from a Chartered Accountant's firm. I have seen the format of such a letter in this forum somewhere.

So submit the photocopies of whatever tax docs you have for last three years, but do include docs for the entire previous earnings period.

Sid

niranhopper
Newly Registered

Post by niranhopper » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:50 am

I hope that photocopies of Form 16 should be sufficient for IT verification.
Anyway i have my payslips and bank statements for earnings proof.

If i need to get the photocopies attested, should i get it from my company HR or Income Tax dept of India

R053992

Post by R053992 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:58 am

getting them attested by the respective company HR will be fine. You must be having your IT returns for previous years I suppose ?
and try to get a letter from your payroll division stating how much tax has been deducted from your pay for the current financial year, since April 2008. I did this. I can give you the format of such a letter. This way your application will be full proof - verifying your Previous Earnings from three sources - payslips, bank statements, IT documents.

tier1_king
India

Post by tier1_king » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:20 pm

hi R053992,
a quick cross question ...

i ve seen you stating in one of the above posts that we can get the letter from a chartered accountant to show proof of earnings.

Is this option applicable for salaried applicants ?

my employer is not signing my pay slips .. can i use this option instead to show proof for my previous earnings ?

R053992

Post by R053992 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:01 am

the letter from chartered accountant is as evidence for tax paid. you will be in trouble if you cant get your payslips stamped,signed

amitkddas

Hi

Post by amitkddas » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:55 am

Hi All,

I dont understand why VFS Chennai is insisting on submitting tax documents. I had applied from VFS Delhi...and all they needed was two proofs for establishing source of income. Have read earlier on this forum that an applicant was sent back..application not accepted....because he did not have the tax documents.....at VFS Chennai.....its ridiculous

Now if someone is going to apply in Jan 2009...claiming points for 9 months in the 2008-2009 financial year....how would he have any tax document???

Its a good to have...but definitely not a must.

If you have stamped and signed salary slips....and the post tax amount matches the credits on ur bank statements..thats all u need.....

Also remember....providing extra documentation will not only take extra time...but may also confuse the case officer.....Bank statements and Salary slips are pretty simple docs when compared to our Form 16's and ITR.....

Rest is upto you guys....i personally dont advocate..adding all the possible docs....I ADVOCATE ATTACHING PRECISE DOCS...WHICH ARE SUFFICIENT...THATS IT

ALL THE BEST...

Regards,
Amit

Jos1984
Newly Registered

hi

Post by Jos1984 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:11 am

Hi All,

I too agree with Amit.

When you have already submitted 2 proofs for your previous earnings - Sal slips and Banks statements (showing that Net income matches with the amount deposited in the bank per month).

Even Bangalore VFS insists on submitting Tax documents. Now, this term - 'Tax Documents' is a very general and a vague term. What all are you going to include when they mean 'Tax documents'?? Can be any or all of these -

Form 16/ITR Document/Saral Form/Acknowledgement received after filing??

And for how many years are you going to submit?? Bangalore VFS insists to submit these 'Tax Documents' for latest 3 yrs!!!!

I feel - This tax document is safer (which is never asked by BHC) for just showing that - U have maintained the habit of filing the Tax return every year and do not escape from it. This shall never be considered as a primary source of evidence - when you have already submitted the 12 months sal slips and bank statements.

So, ideally - I would suggest to just submit the copy of latest Form 16 (if they don't accept your application form without Tax document) and the Acknowledgement copy of the latest tax return filed by you.

And, not to worry about the Tax document for financial year Apr 2008 - Mar 2009. Because, they should understand that its not possible to get a tax document in the mid of a financial year.

Seniors.... Pls suggest.

Sorry for lengthy comments.