ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unsure about question in applicaiton

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Imm2021
Mood:
Mexico

Spouse applying first

Post by Imm2021 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:32 pm

Hello,

We are a family of latin americans; husband, wife, and two daughters. We all currently hold ILR, with the exception of our youngest daughter who's already registered as British citizen.

This is my question; when applying for British citizenship: can we apply at different times? and, Is there any benefit of doing it all together? (or disadvantages of doing it separately?). At the moment I am preparing my wife's application, but my and my older daughter wuold probably be applying later in the year. Reasons being that my daughters and I are planning to travel over the summer. The other is that doing it at different times helps to spread the cost of the applications over time.

Any advice/insight is much appreciated.

Thank you!!

Br,

G

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse applying first

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:56 pm

can we apply at different times?
Yes. It is a voluntary application and a personal choice.
and, Is there any benefit of doing it all together? (or disadvantages of doing it separately?)
No. Each application is assessed and processed individually regardless of how you apply.
At the moment I am preparing my wife's application, but my and my older daughter wuold probably be applying later in the year. Reasons being that my daughters and I are planning to travel over the summer. The other is that doing it at different times helps to spread the cost of the applications over time.
You are free to travel while a naturalisation/registration application is being processed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Imm2021
Mood:
Mexico

Re: Spouse applying first

Post by Imm2021 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:10 pm

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your reply and information. Much appreciated.

Good to know that you can actually travel while your application is in process. I wrongly assumed that you couldn't (actually I thought you wouldn't even have passport available during that time). So, thanks for the info ;-)

Best regards,

G

Imm2021
Mood:
Mexico

Unsure about question in applicaiton

Post by Imm2021 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:04 pm

Hello,

I'm putting together the application for Citizenship for my wife, and I came a cross this question that I'm kind of unsure about:

"Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time?"

So, we have two daughters, and neither of them will be appling at the same time as my wife, but they do not really depend (economically) from my wife as I'm pretty much the sole provider at home. So... am I ok in thinking that the question refers to economic dependence exclusively? should I answer 'no'?

Any insights will be wellcome.

Thank you!

Best regards

G

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Unsure about question in applicaiton

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:15 pm

am I ok in thinking that the question refers to economic dependence exclusively? should I answer 'no'?
No, your interpretation is incorrect.

It refers to ANY dependents (children or spouse) not applying, so you should answer yes.

Also, please keep your questions about the same application in one topic, this one. Topics merged.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Imm2021
Mood:
Mexico

Post by Imm2021 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:01 am

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Ok. I see. I will review my answer.

Also, I came across another question I found confusing: "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?"

So... does this refer to previous applications for Citizenship? Should the application for ILR be included here? I mean, previously in the application there's a question about settlement status where one can chose ILR, and then the details of the current ILR permit are asked as well. So,... should that mean by default that a previous application has been made and what the details are?

As always thanks for any insight.

Best regards

G

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:14 am

Imm2021 wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:01 am
Also, I came across another question I found confusing: "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?"

So... does this refer to previous applications for Citizenship? Should the application for ILR be included here? I mean, previously in the application there's a question about settlement status where one can chose ILR, and then the details of the current ILR permit are asked as well. So,... should that mean by default that a previous application has been made and what the details are?
It refers to ALL previous UK immigration application, as the question asks. You need to list all applications you have made.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Imm2021
Mood:
Mexico

Post by Imm2021 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:25 pm

Hello,

Thanks once again for your reply.

Ok, perfect. I will add those details as well.

Thank you!

Best regards,

G

Imm2021
Mood:
Mexico

Post by Imm2021 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:52 pm

Hello again,

I've got another inquiry about this same question.

So... the application asks next: 'Name in which you made the application:'

In this case, I suppose the last application would have been the application we made when we applied for ILR. However, that was a unique application for the three of us, with me as the 'main applicant.' Does that mean that I should put my name to this question of 'name in which you made the application'?

Thanks again for your insights.

Br

G

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:06 pm

Imm2021 wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:52 pm
Hello again,

I've got another inquiry about this same question.

So... the application asks next: 'Name in which you made the application:'

In this case, I suppose the last application would have been the application we made when we applied for ILR. However, that was a unique application for the three of us, with me as the 'main applicant.' Does that mean that I should put my name to this question of 'name in which you made the application'? If you are filling in your own naturalisation application then it's your name, if it is your wife's nat application, then her name.

Thanks again for your insights.

Br

G
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Imm2021
Mood:
Mexico

Post by Imm2021 » Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:02 pm

Ok,

Got it.

Thank you!

G

Imm2021
Mood:
Mexico

Post by Imm2021 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:47 pm

Yet again, one more question, just to make sure:

If we were to apply for British citizenship along with my wife and daughter. Can we 'use' the same referee for the three of us? In other words; can one of the persons that will act as referee, endorse all three applicants? (in which case we'd write the details of that same referee for all three applicants, I suppose).

Thank you.

Any help is much appreciated ;-)

Best regards,

G

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:10 am

Yes you can.

Imm2021
Mood:
Mexico

Post by Imm2021 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:27 am

Brilliant.

Thank you.

G

Imm2021
Mood:
Mexico

Post by Imm2021 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:30 pm

Bugging you once again...

Not sure if this is something you'd know about, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

In the application there is this question regarding employment, and it asks for the 'tax reference number.' I looked online and apparently, this number is usually 10-digits long.

I've looked at my wife's payslips, and all I can see, is a 'tax code' number (which is around 5-digits I think), and her NI number. There's no other number that I think could be this 'tax reference number.'

Any ideas of where to find out what that number is? Or, should I just go with the NI number?

As always; thanks for any advice.

G

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:38 pm

Imm2021 wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:30 pm
Bugging you once again...

Not sure if this is something you'd know about, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

In the application there is this question regarding employment, and it asks for the 'tax reference number.' I looked online and apparently, this number is usually 10-digits long. Not this one.

I've looked at my wife's payslips, and all I can see, is a 'tax code' number (which is around 5-digits I think), and her NI number. There's no other number that I think could be this 'tax reference number.' Not tax code - look for PAYE reference - it's the employers tax office reference - for example "073/R51" or similar.

Any ideas of where to find out what that number is? P60 or payslip.Or, should I just go with the NI number? I think that's a separate question in the application.

As always; thanks for any advice.

G
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Imm2021
Mood:
Mexico

Post by Imm2021 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:41 pm

Wow!

That was a quick reply.

Thanks for the info.

I was just reading the application, and it reads: 'Tax Office Reference Number.'

I will check the payslips again with the info you gave me and see if I recognize anything in the format that you mentioned.

Thank you!

G

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:46 pm

Thanks!
I was just looking at some of my own P60s and payslips ..... for a different purpose.
If all else fails NI number it is, they can easily find your and employers' records.

Imm2021
Mood:
Mexico

Post by Imm2021 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:36 pm

Thank you for the reply.

Upon checking, it turned out that the image my wife sent me was not complete. So, once she looked into it, the details we were looking for were on the border of the payslip, which didn't show up on the first scan.

Thanks a lot, though. Much appreciated ;-)

G